Monday, May 4, 2009

Musing about tbr pile

Musing Mondays (BIG)

How many books (roughly) are in your tbr pile? Is this in increasing number or does it stay stable? Do you ever experience tbr anxiety in the face of this pile?


If I take only the books, which are waiting to be read on my shelf, in the last count it was 173. Excluding books I wish to read. If I add those, it goes beyond 250. That is lot of books. Although I keep reading from it but I also keep adding to it, thanks to all our book blogger friends. It has stayed stable for some time now. However, this summer it is bound to increase. And I will be tearing my hair out!

I have felt inadequate not being able to read from my pile. It gets frustrating at times. The more I worry, the less I read. A vicious circle.

Sometimes I read much more than I can review. That makes me stressful. At least 10 books are waiting to be reviewed by me. I read all those in the last week of April, when I lost my other blog.

15 comments:

wendy elizabeth said...

I think we need a self-help group to deal with TBRA (To Be Read Anxiety) that I too suffer from! My Musing is here</a

pussreboots said...

If I never received another book from a publicist, never bought a new one and never went to the library, I would have 3 year's worth of books to read. I am slowly making a dent in this huge TBR pile.

BooksPlease said...

I daren't work out how long it would take to read through my tbr piles. I'm always reading more than I can review - which stresses me too.

Rebecca Johnson said...

I'm starting to think this wasn't a good question to ask... people are getting nervous...

Melody said...

I think I'm adding/buying books more than I'm reading them because I'm such a slow reader, LOL.

Yvonne said...

I definitely need a TBRA self-help group. Being online doesn't help - it takes away from my reading time and then I find more books that I want to add to the TBR. It really is a vicious cycle.

Jo said...

I didn't even want to count mine! it makes it seem more real! If I added the list of rhings want to read it would be mammouth!

caite said...

Oh no, your TBR pile should be a source of joy, not anxiety!

Jenny Girl said...

I definitely do not read as fast as my pile grows. It makes me nervous, but that too shall pass.
Here is mine

Wanda said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your previous blog but good for you for jumping back in there with this new one!

Vasilly said...

I think Wendy's right! My name is Vasilly and I suffer from TBRA! ha ha ha

christina said...

Ahhh! Your list is just like mine. I keep thinking, thank god I haven't purchased all of the books I want to read. LOL.

Kim said...

You know what? After reading your answer, I realized it is not the reading pile that stresses me out, it is writing reviews of the books I do read! I struggle with analyzing a book, and I know I can write whatever kind of reviews I like, I would like to be able to write a bit more in depth sometimes. I am 3 reviews behind right now and that is stressful!
*smiles*
Kim

Nise' said...

I don't get anxious as I KNOW that I will continue to add books to be read and never be able to read the all and that's okay!

Matt said...

About 45 in the pile. I would probably experience reading block anxiety more than a TBR one.