Monday, May 4, 2009

Southern Reading Challenge Three!

Like the previous years, Maggie of Maggie reads is hosting Southern Reading Challenge from May 15th to August 15th. Here, In her own words:

You may choose to read any style of Southern book such as Appalachian tales, Civil War sagas, Gothic myths, Grit lit, and heart-wrenching biographies. Click here for ideas. Just as long as you read three (fiction or nonfiction) between May 15th and August 15th.

To get started, sign on Mister Linky with a url specific address back to your 3 books post and join me on the porch!

Last year I had fun reading for this challenge. This year too, I am joining in.

I wouldn't mind good recommendations. Here is my tentative list:

1) The Known World by Edward P. Jones
2)
Thirteen Stories by Eudora Welty
3) The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
4) A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams
5) Mudbound by Hillary Jordan


1 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I'm really looking forward to this challenge!