Saturday, May 30, 2009

Weekly Geeks: Guilty pleasures

What's your non-reading guilty pleasure?
Trashy TV?
Trashier movies?
Junk food?

# Sleeping!

It's not that I sleep more than 8 hours. I can stay well after midnight if I am reading a book. I get up early too as my school starts at 7 AM. Maybe that is the reason, I simply fall asleep when I get back from school. In the afternoons. Afternoon siestas are my weakness. And especially in summers, it is too hot to do anything other than sleep. And my siesta lasts for more than two hours. Add daydreaming to that, and you have it. Ah, bliss!

# Tea: I am a tea addict. Can't resist the stuff at any given point of time. I drink gallons of it.

# Shoes: I gotta check any shoe store even if I don't buy it. I have resisted buying shoes for a long time now unless it is necessary.

17 comments:

The Bookworm said...

gotta love to sleep! naps are the best :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Meghan said...

I wish I could nap properly! Whenever I do I always wake up more tired than I was before and completely unable to think. I like sleeping in, it's unfortunate that society doesn't like us doing so and makes us go to work/school so early!

Maree said...

I never thought of sleep being a guilty pleasure. I love the fact that they're all so different.
Happy Weekly Geeks!

Jodie said...

I like napping but the job makes it impossible now. Hurray a fellow shoe-a-holic (my homeowner dream is getting a walk in shoe closet).

Anonymous said...

Sleeping as a guilty pleasure... I should probably add that to mine! Left to me, I'd sleep for over twelve hours every nights. Can't really do naps/afternoon sleeping/siestas though....

SariJ said...

I love sleeping. Naps are a great way to come down off of information overload. Not everyone appreciates sleep. Thanks for sharing this pleasure with us.

Gavin said...

Ah! Sleep is great but I love getting up with the sun, so mid-afternoon naps are wonderful.

pussreboots said...

With 2 kids and 2 jobs I don't the sort of sleep I wish I did. Here's my post. Happy Weekly Geeks.

Melanie said...

ooooh! sleep is a good one. and one we dumb americans really do feel guilty about as well. i work evenings now so my sleep is all weirded out so extra is always lovely!

rebeca@alvahsbook.com said...

I just wrote a review for Having Tea. I only drank tea for several years. Now it's coffee in the mornings and lots of green tea during the day.

Check out the review on Alvah's Books.

Kristen said...

Oh a kindred soul who loves tea!

Anonymous said...

I love tea and my husband loves his shoes...weird right?

Louise said...

Tea is something I drink if I am sick ;o) But I am so there regarding the SHOES!

Anonymous said...

How could I have forgotten sleep?!? An excellent choice. At least I remembered to include shoes in my post. :-D

Icedream said...

Sleeping is a great choice! It's a guilty pleasure I would love to indulge in more.

Linda said...

Ah a shoe addict! I've cured my addiction to shoes but I still do love them.

Melissa said...

Sleep... ah, sleep... I love afternoon siestas, too.

And shoes. I'd have more if I had more money. :)