Tuesday, May 12, 2009

In 1822 London


I am London, in the year 1822. I am 28 years old, looking for a prospective groom. I know I am too old to marry but I have to as my father has passed away suddenly and I need someone to look after my estates. While I am meeting eligible bachelors, I see the very recluse, brooding Rex de Warren. I have known him for long. I was once engaged to his brother.

Maybe I ought to consider him instead of looking for older bridegrooms. He is only two years older than me and shunned marriage like me. He needs to marry to have a family and I need to marry to look after my estates. Maybe we would make a good match...

~The Perfect Bride by Brenda Joyce

9 comments:

Beth F said...

So glad that I don't live in a time that would force me to marry.

J.S. Peyton said...

This sounds like it has the makings for a pretty good regency romance. It's been too long since I've read one. And this one sounds pretty good! Onto the TBR list you go!

Margot said...

This sounds like a good plot for a great romance novel. I've read some other books by Brenda Joyce so I'll bet this is a good one.

Jenny Girl said...

This sounds lovely. I hope she makes the right choice and fast!
Here is my teaser

zetor said...

It maybe a good match after all.

Suzanne said...

Oh jeeezzz! Can you imagine?

Here I am!

kayerj said...

I agree, I'll bet its a good romance novel. I had a neigbor once that had come here from Mexico. She had an arranged marriage. Her husband was 50 years older than her. I am here

Staci said...

Poor girl!! I'm so glad that I never had to experience that but I'm sure in this book it will all turn out good them both!! :)

The Book Resort said...

I've only read her contemp book.
Here's mine:
http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/05/its-tuesday-where-are-you_12.html