Saturday, May 23, 2009

Weekly Geeks: Summer reading

wg1

My summer vacations started on the 1 May, 2009. As a rule, my reading habits do not change with the season. I read what interests me or on my mood which has nothing to do with summer. Maybe I read more books but this year that too has not worked for me. I am pretty much reading at the same pace as before. Summer times for me means more of sleeping hours. No, I get up early but I do take a siesta in the afternoons when it is too hot to do anything even read. I don't watch movies much. Yes, I like watching war movies but that has nothing to do with summer.

This year I have set myself to read more books on the WWI and WWII.

Summer time also means going out of Delhi for a short break. It depends where I visit. Sometimes the mountains, others the beaches. However, wherever I go I carry books. Assorted books.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My reading habits don't change for the summer, either.

pussreboots said...

My reading doesn't change either and I don't have any plans for travel this summer. My post is here.

Rikki said...

Ah, my reading habits don't change either. What's the point? I read what I want when I want, season has nothing to do with it. Happy weekend!

claire said...

Same as everyone, I read whatever I want, whenever. :D

Erotic Horizon said...

I just read from my ever growing pile as well...

other than book challenges, nothing really changes.

E.H>

Maree said...

Mine don't really change either.
Happy Weekly Geeks :)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, to have the luxury of summer vacations.

My reading tends to remain the same as well, indifferent to the seasons, as they just tumble by.

Enjoy the summer!

Kim L said...

Oh man I had no idea that people change their reading habits during the year. Year round I just read whatever catches my attention, trying my best to avoid library fines. That's about it!

Dreamybee said...

I agree-books are essential whether you are at home or traveling. I hope you get to make some nice trips into the mountains and beaches this summer!

Ti said...

My summer reading tends to be on the heavier side. I like meatier books in general but I save summer for the epic novels that I am unable to get to during the rest of the year.

Anonymous said...

My reading habots might not change for the summer, but they do during vacation! I like to read one book (at least) that's related to my holiday destination. Also I like to pick thick pageturners.

I always treat myself to a few new books (together with Mr Gnoe honestly) for our summer vacation.

Anonymous said...

So what books on World War and II are you looking forward to reading?