Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Where am I in this teaser?

Teaser Tuesdays

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

They stare at each other. Then they come together with low, animal moans.

~Page 60, A Steetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am in a two story corner building on a street in New Orleans, visiting my younger sister Stella. She is married to Stanley Kowalski, a crude but raw and sensual person. He gets drunk in the evenings playing cards with his friends, and I don't know how Stella can bear him.


A Steetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams

15 comments:

Literature Crazy said...

I really need to add this to my TBR. Thanks for the tease.

Kaye said...

I have been seriously remiss in not reading this book. I hope you enjoyed it.
Have a great week and happy reading! My teaser is here

-.- said...

That teaser conveys so much with only those two sentences, I hope you're enjoying it. :)

~ Popin

Carrie K. said...

Great teaser! I had a (very) small part in a production of Streetcar in college - so much fun.

Missy B. said...

Wow! Powerful teaser!

Here's mine: http://missysbooknook.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

I have always loved that. Great teaser!

Unknown said...

I remember having adored this book. I definitely will have to revisit it.

Jo-Jo said...

This sounds like quite a passionate moment! Thanks for the teaser.

bookbabie said...

Another oldie but a goodie, I went for an older title also today, Happy Teaser Tuesday!

Margot said...

I remember the play very well but confess to never having read the book. Great story.

kayerj said...

It sounds like she must like him--somewhat. I am here

tea said...

I love the play Streetcar Named Desire. At times, it made me pretty upset.

Beth F said...

Excellent! That's such a great play.

Caspette said...

It's weird I dont know anything about the book (movie or musical) Street Car. But I know that scene/quote of the guy crying "Stella!". At least I hope thats the right movie scene!

Good teaser

Caspette said...

It's weird I dont know anything about the book (movie or musical) Street Car. But I know that scene/quote of the guy crying "Stella!". At least I hope thats the right movie scene!

Good teaser