Friday, December 4, 2009

Weekly Geeks: Top books of 2009

Weekly Geeks asks us about top books of 2009.

Here is my list (in no particular order):

Rooftops of Tehran by Mahbod Seraji----Culture

The Killing Tree by Rachel Keener----Mystery/Suspense

The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha------Mother Son relationship/Redemption

Tender Graces by Kathryn Magendie--Family relationships

The Lost Book of Salem by Katherine Howe---Witch Hunting

Kill For Me by Karen Rose----Thriller

Faces In The Fire by T. L. Hines----Noir

Wait Until Twilight by Sang Pak-------Noir/fantasy

Meggie's Remains by Joanne Sundell.....Gothic

Receive Me Falling by Erica Robuck.....Historical/Slavery

Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran...Historical

I have to add poetry books to the list:

Judah's Lion by Anne Caston

A House of Bottles by Robin Merrill

Magdalene & the Mermaids by Elizabeth Kate Switaj

Mainline to the Heart and Other Poems by Clive Matson

11 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

A couple of your favorites have been on my wish list for awhile. I guess really do need to get my hands on a couple of these!

WordLily said...

Faces in the Fire made my list, too!

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

haven't read any of them--thanks for the list!!

Florinda said...

I'm not familiar with some of these, so I'll have to find out more!

Nan said...

I haven't read any of these! I now have a lot of books to add to my TBR list. :-)

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of books! I recognize a few titles but haven't read any of these. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I haven't read any of the books you listed but I have heard of a few and it seems like you chose well.

Wendy said...

Nice list! I have The Crying Tree on my TBR stack...looks like I need to get to it!

Veens said...

oh well except for Michelle Moran, I have not read any of them :(

Anonymous said...

Eeks, I hate it when I haven't read any of such a list! :\ I'm still in the process of deciding on my top reads of 2009...

Rachel Keener said...

Thanks so much for mentioning Killing Tree. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Best wishes for a fabulous new year of reading.