Saturday, December 12, 2009

Weekly Geeks : Making a list

Do you have a book wish list for the holidays? If so, what's on it?

I have a permanent wish list. I keep adding to it. There are too many books to list here. Recently I have started a blog wishing for books, books, more books for my wishlist but yet to add the books I have jotted down in my journal. Too long and cumbersome.

Are you very specific when someone asks what you want for a gift? Or do you throw caution to the wind and say, "Oh any book you choose...." Or do you prefer a bookstore gift card?

Sometimes I am specific. Mostly I take what comes. If someone asks then I tell them about books. Bookstore gift cards are always welcome!

Do you buy books for people on your gift list? Do you choose books for them that you like and try to influence their reading (or hope they'll loan it to you when they're done)? Or do you get specific titles from your giftee?

Yes, for children I buy books. I take them along and let them pick out books. I don't try to influence but I do suggest titles.

Where do you buy your book gifts? Do you shop at local independent bookstores, or the "big box" stores? or do you shop online?

Any good bookstore works well. No, I seldom shop online.


2 comments:

Percy Bisque Silley said...

Do you turn up the corners of the pages to keep your place when you read books or do you employ a bookmark?

If a bookmark, be it simple or ornate?

If you turn the pages up, then do you turn them with a fussy daintiness or a fine, roguish indifference?

pussreboots said...

I love the idea of a wishlist blog for books. Like you my wishlist is far to long to list in a single post.

I buy books for children too on a regular basis. Most of the time I let them pick but for my son and daughter I know what they like and am pretty good at picking titles for them.

My post is here.