Sunday, December 20, 2009

Monday: Musings/Mailbox/Whereabouts

Monday Mailbox is hosted by Marcia.

I received only one book in my mailbox:


Saving Cicadas by Nicole Seitz via Thomas Nelson

When single mother Priscilla Lynn Macy learns she's having another child unexpectedly, she packs the family into the car to escape. Eight-year-old Janie and Rainey Dae, her seventeen-year-old sister with special needs, embark on the last family vacation they'll ever take with Poppy and Grandma Mona in the back seat.

The trip seems aimless until Janie realizes they are searching for the father who left them years ago. When they can't find him, they make their way to Forest Pines, SC. Priscilla hasn't been to her family home in many years and finds it a mixed blessing of hope, buried secrets, and family ghosts.

Through eyes of innocence, Janie learns the hard realities of life and the difficult choices grownups make. And she must face disturbing truths about the people she loves in order to carry them in the moments that matter most.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I finished:

For the Love of St. Nick by Garasamo Maccagnone
Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas--pdf form

I plan to read:

Anything that holds my interest

I posted reviews of:

Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
Cold Skin by Steven Herrick
Strange Pilgrims by Gabriel GarcĂ­a
Midnight Magic by Betina Krahn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Musing Mondays (BIG)
When you buy books, do they immediately go onto your bookshelf to wait until you’re ready to read them (even if that means months/years from then!), or do you read them right away? What makes you do this? If you’re a ’shelver’, why do you think you don’t read the books right away? Do you ever feel guilty for letting the books sit there, unread? If you’re a ‘read-em-now’ person, why do you feel they have to be read right away? Do you give away the books when you’re done, too?

It totally depends on my mood. Sometimes I shelve those books and other times, I start reading right away. Suppose if I buy 10 books, 5 I might read right away and put the other five to be read later on. There are some books which have been there on thos helves, unread for years. Sometimes I do feel guilty about those books. And after reading, I do keep those books I mean to re-read, otherwise I give away. My nephews, nieces and close friends benefit most from me!

How about you?

15 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I am looking forward to this book as well. I hope we both enjoy it!

bermudaonion said...

I can't wait to see what you think of Saving Cicadas - Seitz is a South Carolina author.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a cool list of books.

fredamans said...

Never heard of this book.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2009/12/in-my-mailbox.html

Serena said...

Saving Cicadas sounds like a good read. Enjoy it. As for poetry, there are some runners up prizes from Virtual Poetry Circle that I will be mailing after the holidays.

Stephanie said...

Saving Cicadas looks wonderful! I have a weakness for coming of age/family dysfunction type dramas. :-) By the way, I am becoming a follower of your blog.

Here's mine

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I hope you enjoy Saving Cicadas!

MizB said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who shelves books when she gets them, a lot of the time. :P

~mizB

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Saving Cicadas by Nicole Seitz looks good. I have never heard of this one!

DCMetroreader said...

Saving Cicadas sounds like an interesting read. Hope you enjoy it!

Alayne said...

Excellent book pick, looks really good. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Lisa said...

Oh i know justw ant you mean, I always have something left unread


Here's mine

zetor said...

Shelving is for me.

ibeeeg said...

I so do love your plan for what you will read: "Anything that holds your interest". I do believe that has been my plan the last several weeks.LOL

Anna said...

Sounds like a good book. I'm looking forward to your review.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric