Saturday, December 19, 2009

Midnight Magic by Betina Krahn


Title: Midnight Magic
Author: Betina Krahn
ISBN: 9780821730669
Publisher: Zebra/1990
Pages: 445

1810. Devonshire, England.

Charity is considered to be jinxed. Whoever comes in touch with her supposedly gets into trouble. Rane Austen is hit by a bullet as soon as he first saw her. He somehow ends being nursed by her. It doesn't take long when he falls for her and has to have her. Charity, when she learns that she is jinxed, tries to keep him away from her life but he is not keen to let her go. With his charm, he makes her long for him and both end up making midnight magic.

Of course, it has that predictable ending but hilarious scenes and interaction between the dashing hero and the spunky heroine make it a refreshing read. This is my second Betina Krahn novel and I am going to read more from her.

As I have not been able to read much, a light, fast romance is good to dispell that non-reading spell.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Predictable isn't always bad, especially when the book is fun. Glad you enjoyed it.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

bermudaonion said...

I'm not much for romances, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Framed said...

I don't read many romances either but have a few to my TBR list. I'll have to check this one out.