Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kill For Me by Karen Rose

Monica Cassidy felt a flutter in her stomach. Today would be the day.

Title:
Kill For Me
Author: Karen Rose
ISBN: 9780446510301
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing/2009
Pages: 416

This is my first novel by Karen Rose and certainly not the last! Although it is supposed to be last of a trilogy, it stands alone too. I have had this book for a while now, thanks to the author but somehow I never got around reading it until now.

Monica is a survivor out of six girls who have been brutally beaten up. All others died. She is one of those teenage girls who are lured via the chatrooms and are sold to the highest bidder. As she is the only one who can help reveal the villains, she is kept closely guarded. However, she is not safe even in a hospital. The murderes can go to any length to wipe her out.

Susannah Vartanian has personal scores to settle with those murderes. Along with Luke Papadopolous, she dwelves into her murky past in order to save innocent girls. Internet crimes are common and young teenaged girls are easily lured, brutally used and then sold off. When Luke comes to know of her secret, he cannot fathom how she survived this long. Each murder, each crime committed against the young girls, becomes a personal vendetta for him. He has to get into the bottom of it, no matter what.

With complex set of peoples, intricately built storyline, which is so very real, the novel keeps us totally involved till the end. The writing style is good too, as it ought to be for a crime fiction.

As I teach teenaged girls, it freaked me out too. I had a little chat with them about chatrooms and internet crimes.

8 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I have this book, too. You've got me wanting to read it right now.

Anonymous said...

I want to read this trilogy! I think I have the first book on my wishlist. :) Glad you enjoyed this one.

Belle said...

Definitely sounds like an intense read.

Robin M said...

I have this and can't wait to read it.

Staci said...

This one sounds perfectly scary!!! I've heard a lot of good things about this author so i'm going to have to check these out!

Anonymous said...

I would love to read this trilogy. Thanks for the recommendation.

Anonymous said...

I think I would find this too scary!

Beth F said...

This sounds great. I think I'll wait and start with the first one in the trilogy.