Thursday, July 22, 2010

Top Ten Picks: Favorite Male Literary Characters

I found the meme, Top Ten Picks, on Random Ramblings. This time it is to pick ten favorite male literary characters. This interested me. So here I go, in no particular order:

1) Edmond Dantès from The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.

2) Sherlock Holmes from Sherlock Holmes series by Arthur Conan Doyle

3) Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

4) Pip from Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

5) Tintin from Tintin albums by Herge

6) David Copperfield from David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

7) Jeeves from P G Wodehouse books

8) Rhett Butler from Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

9) Yossarian from Catch-22 by Joseph Heller


10) Hamlet from Hamlet by William Shakespeare

What are yours?

10 comments:

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Great list! I almost put Pip, Holmes and Yossarian on mine too. We must have crazy similar taste in books!

bermudaonion said...

Definitely Atticus Finch. Seeing Tintin on your list made me smile.

Serena said...

That's a wide variety of men on that list with a different set of qualities. Not sure Hamlet would be on my list with all his waffling.

Unknown said...

I'm a little suprised to see Yossarian on your list. He is a very good charachter, though. I don't think I would have thouht of him.

Andi said...

So many books represented here that I have not read. Shame on me!

I would add Mr. Knightley, from Jane Austen's Emma to the list. He's dreamy. :)

Cathy said...

Great list... especially Yossarian!

Amanda said...

Yossarian!! How did I forget him?? He definitely should have been on my list!

Anna said...

I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird a couple of days ago. Atticus Finch most certainly should be on that list. ;)

Jillian said...

I actually almost put Pip and Sherlock Holmes in, but there's only so much room for these great characters! Thanks for making your own list this week!

stacybuckeye said...

Atticus is a perfect choice!