Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday Salon: Reading finally picks up

Although monsoon has officially arrived here, we are not having much of rains. The humidity level is positively uncomfortable. My summer vacation is over and I am right now very busy too. In the first 15 days of July, I read only one book, Last Last Chance by Fiona Maazel. However, in the last three days I have read the following three books, as soon as those arrived.

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
The Gendarme by Mike Mustian
Mr. Peanut by Adam Ross

All three are different genres and very good books. I will be posting my reviews soon. The following reviews too need catching up.

Last Last Chance by Fiona Maazel
The Sea Captain's Wife by Beth Powning
Out of Shadows by Jason Wallace
The Memorist by M J Rose

Like my reading, I am slacking in my reviews too. Hopefully I get those done in next some days. There was a time when I wrote a review as soon as I finished a book.

Anyway, I need to go and pick another book to read! A crime fiction maybe?

8 comments:

Brittanie said...

I know your humidity is worse than ours but I can somewhat empathize. I live in the Deep South, United States. Most of my family including me have sinus issues right now due to the weather. It has been rainy all weekend. :)

Andi said...

I can't wait to read your thoughts on Mr. Peanut. It's on my wishlist, and I hope my library gets it into stock soon.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I can't wait to read your reviews on The Gendarme and Mr Peanut - 2 books I am dying to read!!!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Okay, you need to stop reading and go review these books....We are waiting to hear what you think!

Missy B. said...

How did you like Saving CeeCee Honeycutt? I loved it!

I am being slack with my reviews, too....summertime is such a lazy time.... :)

Frances said...

Oh, I know humidity here too and I feel for you. Best to retreat inside with all of those fantastic books. Happy reading!

Marce said...

I need to read 2 of MJ Rose's also. If I didn't do my review right after I would never do it.

JoAnn said...

I don't deal very well at all with humidity! YOu read some great books this week.