Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday Salon: June Wrap up and today's reading

As I mentioned here before, I was on census duty, which finished yesterday. After I submitted my reports, I feel so light. It was one huge work and I was in a lot of stress. Although I tried to post on my blog, but I wasn't visiting my blogger friends. That ought to change now. In the midst of all this work, I managed to read 11 books in June and I feel proud of it. I am yet to write reviews of some of those. I should get around doing that in the next week or so. Here are the books I read in June:


65) The Sea Captain's Wife by Beth Powning

64) Beat the Reaper by Josh Bazell (CF)

63) Inside Out by Barry Eisler (CF)

62) Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes
61) Out of Shadows by Jason Wallace
60) The Memorist by M J Rose (CF)
59) The Likeness by Tana French (CF)
58) The Virgin Widow by Anne O'Brien
57) Hold Up The Sky by Patricia Sprinkle
56) Drawing in the Dust by Zoe Klein
55) Deadly Exchange by Geoffrey M. Gluckman (CF)


Today I plan to read Lamentation by Ken Scholes. It is a fantasy/war novel and has a good beginning. It has been on my TBR pile for too long.

Publisher Comments:

An ancient weapon has completely destroyed the city of Windwir. From many miles away, Rudolfo, Lord of the Nine Forest Houses, sees the horrifying column of smoke rising. He knows that war is coming to the Named Lands.

Nearer to the Devastation, a young apprentice is the only survivor of the city — he sat waiting for his father outside the walls, and was transformed as he watched everyone he knew die in an instant.

Soon all the Kingdoms of the Named Lands will be at each others' throats, as alliances are challenged and hidden plots are uncovered.

4 comments:

Harvee said...

I've read Zoe Klein's book but the others are new to me. Good to know about all the books out there being read around the blogosphere:)
Harvee, My Sunday Salon

bermudaonion said...

I'm sure that's a load off of your mind. It looks like June was a very productive month.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

You accomplished a lot in June...I have Beat the Reaper, but just couldn't get into it. Maybe later...

Have a great day!

Here's my salon:

http://laurel-rainsnowsaccidentallife.blogspot.com/2010/07/sunday-salon-july-4.html

fredamans said...

Some great titles you finished! Well done!
Aren't you glad to be done census duty?

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/06/june-monthly-news.html