Monday, May 3, 2010

Musings/It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Hosted by Rebecca of Just One More Page..

Do you frequent second hand book stores? Have you ever bought a book home only to find anything interesting within their pages?

I do frequent second hand book stores. I have found the best of bargains there for almost the price of peanuts. In Delhi, we do have a Sunday book Bazaar on the pavements, which is very popular. It is one of my favourites haunts to pick out interesting books.


However, I don't remember finding anything interesting within the books other than random bookmarks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hosted by Sheila of Bookjourney

I finished:

In Harm's Way by Irene Hannon
What the Bayou Saw by Patti Lacy
The Language of Secrets by Dianne Dixon

I am in midst of reading:
The Memorist by M J Rose
O' Juliet by Robin Maxwell
The Secret Diary of Anne Boleyn
Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas

I posted reviews of:

The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
The Language Of Secrets by Dianne Dixon

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love used bookstores! I wish we had a Sunday book Bazaar. I'd be there faithfully each week :)

Nise' said...

I love to browse used bookstores too!

Hope you are enjoying Tallgrass.

CMash said...

A book bazaar..thinking I would love to go to one of those. Have become a follower.
CMashLovesToRead

Jan von Harz said...

I am excited to read all of Larsson's books. Plus, I am definitely a browser not only of bookstores but of libraries.

Irene said...

A book bazaar wow! here's mine.

Lydia said...

I loved O'Juliet - thought it a beautifully written version of Shakespeare's classic story.

Here is my Monday: http://thelostentwife.net/2010/05/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-19/

fredamans said...

I would love to go to the Bazzar! You're lucky for having them.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/05/musing-second-hand-books.html

Jo-Jo said...

I love second hand book stores but I have never found anything fun in my books either.

I can't wait to see what you think of some of these books!

L said...

Loved the Girl who played with Fire much better than the first one. Go Lisbeth! Great review of it by the way. Happy reading..

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

You have great books going - enjoy them all :)

Melody said...

Bookmarks are good. I only find receipts, LOL.