Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mondays: Mailbox/Musings/Whereabouts

Monday Mailbox is hosted by Marcia.

I received only one book:

Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten (ARC)

Book Blurb
Lawyer Danielle Parkman is at her wits' end. Her son Max, a whip-smart teen with high-functioning autism, has always been a handful. But lately he's shutting down, using drugs and lashing out - violently.

Desperate, Danielle brings Max to a top-flight psychiatric facility for a full assessment. But rather than reassurance, Danielle receives an agonizing diagnosis describing a deeply damaged, dangerous boy - one she's never met.

Then Danielle finds Max unconscious and bloodied at the feet of a patient who has been brutally stabbed to death. A fiercely protective mother instinct rears its head - and Danielle is arrested as an accessory to the heinous crime.

In a baffling netherworld of doubt and fear, barred from contacting her son, Danielle clings to the thought of Max's innocence. But has she, too, lost touch with reality? Is her baby boy really a killer?

With the justice system bearing down on them both, Danielle steels herself to discover the truth - no matter how horrifying. It's a path well on the wrong side of the law. But only finding the true killer will absolve her from having to choose between her son and her soul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the past week:

I finished:

Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten
Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas

I am in the midst of reading:

Under this Unbroken Sky by Shandi Mitchell

I posted reviews of:

The Painter Of Shanghai
by Jennifer Cody Epstein
Tomorrow River by Lesley Kagen

29 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I got Saving Max too - doesn't it look great?

Staci said...

Saving Max sounds fantastic!!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Saving Max has my interest. I hope you enjoy it. Here is my mailbox: http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/05/mailbox-monday_23.html

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Saving Max sounds intense and good!

Stephanie said...

I'd never heard of Saving Max. It sounds intriguing!

Toni said...

It only takes one good book to make a great Mailbox!! Enjoy and have a great week.

Zia said...

Saving Max sounds really good. Happy reading!

Anna Maire said...

Every time I see Saving Max, I think about Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder. I finally looked at them side by side and I believe that they have the exact same cover image just inverted. It has made it very hard for me to keep the two books straight in my mind.

Jennifer said...

You have a wonderful schedule of books. I have been wanting to read The Painter of Shanghai. I will check out your review. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-24-may.html

Cathy said...

I've received Saving Max, too. I'm looking forward to it. Happy Reading!

The1stdaughter said...

Under the Unbroken Sky actually sounds really good! And Saving Max is one I've seen around the early readers lists and have really wanted.
Have a fantastic reading week and if you get a chance, stop by: Monday Reading's at There's A Book

Jan von Harz said...

Saving Max and Chasing Brooklyn have similar covers, I had to stop and look at the author's name on Chasing Brooklyn to see if this was a sequel. Hope you have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Saving Max sounds very exciting. I hadn't heard of it. My "It's Monday, What are You Reading" post can be found by clicking on my name.

DCMetroreader said...

Saving Max sounds like a goodie and I see that you've finished it already too, so I'll look forward to your review.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Such great reads! :) Have a wonderful week. I need to check out Saving Max!

Alayne said...

Saving Max looks like a really emotional read. Hope you like it. Thanks for visiting The Crowded Leaf.

Tea said...

Saving Max sounds really intense and interesting. I would love to read it. My mailbox is in my sidebar.

http://readwithtea.blogspot.com

I love Sandra Dallas. I've read Good Hope Road and The Persian Pickle Club. Hope I'm not mixing my authors.

CMash said...

Saving Max sounds good. Isn't it awful how we wait for the mail lol shows what addicts we are to our books.
CMash
I'm anxiously waiting for my delivery as I type.

Minding Spot said...

Saving Max sounds fantastic. Enjoy!!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Saving Max sounds like something I would love.

Have a great week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

mpartyka said...

Saving Max sounds like We need to Talk about Kevin - haunting!

Have a great week, Mari

E.J. Stevens said...

This book sounds deeply haunting.

It's Monday! What I am reading is here and my 300 Follower Giveaway is here.

Happy reading!

xx,
E.J.

Unknown said...

Sounds like an interesting one!

Athira said...

Saving Max sounds interesting! I have to look that one up.

Beverly said...

Have a great week! Stop by and check out what I got at The Wormhole

Alyce said...

Saving Max sounds really intense! Probably not one I'd read, but you never know.

fredamans said...

Saving Max does sound good!

Martha Eskuchen said...

I will be interested in your review of Saving Max. Have a great week.

Serena said...

Sounds like a good book.