Thursday, May 27, 2010

Booking through bedside

btt button

What books do you have next to your bed right now? How about other places in the house? What are you reading?

I don't really keep books in the bedside as I don't read in bed. My dad had reinforced early in my life, that books are not to be read lying down in bed. That habit has stayed with me. I seldom read in bed unless I am sick. Then too, I read sitting on the bed. However, I do have books spread over almost everywhere. On my study table, my computer table and at times, dining table. On my couch too.

Right now I am reading The Rule Book by Rob Kitchin, a noir crime fiction novel. In the morning I finished A Summer Secret by Kathleen Fuller, an Amish fiction. I am picking up books in a random manner, whatever takes my fancy.

13 comments:

Melody said...

I rarely read in bed, though I think it'd be nice. ;)

Like you, I pick books in a random manner.

Nan said...

Why didn't he like reading in bed? What about sitting up in bed with a bed rest or big pillows?? I'm like you - I walk around the house after I've finished a book, and choose one that strikes my fancy. This is why I can't do challenges or book groups. I like to read what I want, when I want.:<)

Alayne said...

Happy reading! Thanks for visiting The Crowded Leaf.

jlshall said...

I love reading in bed, although at the moment, our apartment isn't really set up for that activity. But I've got books spread all over the place, too - so I can read just about anywhere I feel like it!

fredamans said...

I am just like you. I don't think books belong in the bedroom.

Jeane said...

I'm curious, what was your dad's reason for not reading in bed? I find it most relaxing!

pussreboots said...

No bedside table for me but I do have one book under my bed. I mostly read in my living room or at my favorite coffee shop.

Terry Elisabeth said...

I usually read when I am in the metro or at lunch but if I want to relax before sleeping, I read in bed.

The Social Frog said...

I read in bed sometimes, usually in my rocking chair before I head to bed, to winde down.

Jenn said...

I admit that I love reading in bed - except when I can't put a book down! (And then it's an extra cup of coffee in the morning! ;-)

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Yvonne said...

I do most of my reading in bed.

Josette said...

I pick up books at random too! I'm not very disciplined so I don't think I can read books from a list.

Also, now I do most of my book reading in bed. But for newspapers, I read them in the living room cos they're there. :)

Wow, what was your dad's reason for not reading in bed? Is it bad for posture or something?

bibliophilist said...

I keep books in my room in part b/c with a house full of teenagers, the noise level can get kinda loud. It's good to be able to retreat and close the door for some quiet.

I, too, would be interesting in knowing the rational behind not reading in bed. I have a couple of ideas why, but I'm curious to know if I'm right.