Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Salon: Catching up with my reading

May turned out to be interesting, in more ways than one. In the first week my brother and his family were here from Bangalore, for a visit. And at that time our schools too had not closed for the vacations. In the next some days, I got around finishing all my pending work, despite one of the worst summers in some years. Right now, we are having seminars as our education system has been revamped and we need to learn about the new system.

All these have taken a toll on my reading. In the first two weeks I could manage to read only two books. I have kind of made it up, finishing a total of 9 books as of today. As usual my reading is mixed and I am happy about that. Who knows I might finish another book, taking the figure to 10. Not bad, eh?

I also have scheduled few of my reviews to come up in the next some days. I still have 7 pending reviews, which I will tackle, one a day. Or maybe I will write a couple of those today.

Here is a list of what I read in May:


54) Snowbound by Blake Crouch (CF, Thriller)
53) The Rule Book by Rob Kitchin (CF)
52) A Summer Secret by Kathleen Fuller
51) Under This Unbroken Sky by Shandi Mitchell
50) Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas (Mystery)
49) Saving Max by Antoinette van Heugten (CF)
48) The Painter of Shanghai by Jennifer Cody Epstein
47) Never Let You Go by Erin Healy
46) The Queen of Palmyra by Minrose Gwin

So what have you been doing, readingwise?

11 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

You have a nice reading list!

It's good to work a little family and friends into our lives, too, which you did.

Here's my salon:

http://laurel-rainsnowsaccidentallife.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunday-salon-may-30-2010.html

Brittanie said...

I am looking forward to reading the new Kathleen Fuller book. I liked her last Amish series for adults. :)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm curious as to how your educational system is being revamped....I'm always interested in improving education.

Vasilly said...

You had a great reading month! Here I am complaining about the cold spring we're having and you're having a horrible summer. Have a great week.

Erotic Horizon said...

A pretty good list if you ask me hon..

I know how it is when life gets in the way of our pleasue..

I am looking forward to your thoughts on the Healy book..

E.H>

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

You had a great May! I find it so time consuming doing book reviews, that is why I have shortened my reviews this past year.

CMash said...

Congratulations!! May was great for you.
CMash

Jess said...

Looking forward to reading your thoughts about Never Let You Go. I reviewed it last week and am interested to hear what other bloggers thought of it.

serendipity_viv said...

Well done on reading nine books too. I am behind on reviews too.

Staci said...

With all of that you still had a great month of reading!

Laura @ I'm Booking It said...

I'm glad your reading rebounded for the month :-).

I enjoyed Tallgrass, and I have her most recent book in my stack. Saving Max is there, and I thought Never Let You Go was as well, but I'm not seeing it there right now!

I wish you'd been at our book club meeting when we discussed The Blind Assassin. I simply didn't get what made the book so highly regarded! The few people that made it to the meeting weren't able to explain it to me!

Have a great June.