Friday, May 14, 2010

Booking through Influences

btt button

Are your book choices influenced by friends and family? Do their recommendations carry weight for you? Or do you choose your books solely by what you want to read?

Most of my family and friends read different kind of books. They read the popular books and I prefer to read books out of anyone else's comfort zones. Their recommendations definitely don't influence me. Since I started book blogging, I can pick and choose from other book bloggers recommendations. That too I only pick books which interest me and not what the masses prefer to read.

Lately I have found out that fantasy novels don't interest me any more. I prefer concrete novels based on real places and real people with all the human follies and foibles. And give me thrillers/suspense/mystery novels any day!

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Most of my recommendations come from other bloggers.

Shelley said...

I was just wondering the other day if I'm getting tired of fantasy--the last couple I've tried I haven't really gotten into. Maybe I should go for the mysteries.