Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mondays: Musing/Mailbox/Whereabouts

Monday Mailbox is hosted by Marcia.

I received two books:


It's about a blind vigilante who is on a mission to save her brother and the missing kids on Mars. There is action, adventure and romance in this tale as Shamira learns to trust Valens and others.

Never Let You Go By Erin Healy

In “Never Let You Go,” Lexi is a young single mother learning to cope with the aftermath of a family disaster and the decisions of her husband, who left seven years ago. With little left to hold on to, she devotes her life to her only daughter, and is determined to do anything—work grueling hours, sacrifice financially—just to make her happy.

But when her estranged husband unexpectedly reenters their lives, her sister’s murderer comes up for parole and an unwanted acquaintance returns demanding payment of an old debt, Lexi’s world is quickly turned upside-down once again. As hidden sins are exposed and a whirlwind of mysterious forces begin to surface, her tenuous grip on life and her loved ones is threatened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the past week:

I finished:


The Queen of Palmyra by Minrose Gwin
Never Let You Go by Erin Healy

I am in midst of

The Painter of Shanghai by Jennifer Cody Epstein

I posted reviews of:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Musing Mondays2
What happens when you see a movie based on a book/story, especially one you’ve not read? Do you feel the need to track it down and read it?

I do try to track it down and read it. Many a times, I have been disappointed with the movie, not the book. I have read all the Harry Potter books and plan to watch all the movies too. Same goes for Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson.

However, I prefer to watch the movies made out of Jane Austen Novels. I can't stand her novels!

30 comments:

fredamans said...

Both books looks good!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/05/mailbox-weekly_15.html

detweilermom said...

I read Never Let you Go and really liked it. Hope you enjoy. happy Reading!!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Never Let You Go sounds intense.

bermudaonion said...

You read Never Let You Go fast - I hope it was as good as it sounds!

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Never let you go sounds excellent!

Here is mine

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Great books this week. I also got Never Let You Go; enjoy

http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/05/mailbox-monday_16.html

Jennifer said...

I enjoyed The Queen of Palmyra and The Cutting. I am quite curious about The Painter of Shanghai and look forward to reading your opinion. Have a wonderful week reading. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-17-may.html

Cathy said...

Happy reading!

Jan von Harz said...

Not familiar with either of the books you read, but the titles sound intriguing. Have another great week.

Erotic Horizon said...

I have seen The Pack before.. I look forward to your thought on it - The blurb looks good..

I am into my Thriller phase again - so the Healy book calls to me...
Enjoy your week...

E.H>

Serena said...

This sounds like a good book: Never Let You Go By Erin Healy and I like the cover. happy reading.

CMash said...

I also received "Never Let Her Go". Will be interesting to see your review.
CMash
BTW did you pick up your award on Saturday?..If not you can find it on my blog with my Sat posting.
CMash

E.J. Stevens said...

It's Monday!

My What are you reading? is here.

Happy Monday. Curious to here what you think of The Pack. :)

xx,
E.J.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

The Painter of Shanghai? I love the title! I hope it is wonderful and so is your week :)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Never Let You Go sounds like something I'd like...thanks for visiting my blog.

Unknown said...

I like the cover of Never Let You Go. It looks really interesting.

Hope you enjoy all your books. Happy reading!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Never Let You Go looks good.I have The Queen of Palmyra on my wish list. I look forward to your review.

Kristen said...

Have fun reading!

Deb said...

These sound like fun books. I hope you enjoy. I am also having a slow May and need to pick up my pace. Have a great week.

Jess said...

I am planning on reading Never Let You Go this week, I hope you enjoyed it!

Nikki in Niagara said...

You read Never Let You Go pretty quick! Hope it's as good as her previous ones with Ted Dekker (well Burn at least). I haven't read Kiss yet, though I plan on it!

Suko said...

I am most interested in Never Let You Go. Enjoy your new books! :)

fredamans said...

We are alike with our musings; http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/05/musing-monday-book-to-film.html

Icedream said...

I have Never Let You Go on my tbr list, it sounds interesting.

I don't seek out books after movies very often but if was a good movie I will occasionally look for the book.

Stephanie said...

The Pack and Never Let You Go look intriguing!

pussreboots said...

Enjoy your books! Pussreboots.

DCMetroreader said...

Never Let You Go sounds like an exiting read. Hope you enjoy it!

Zia said...

I've seen Never Let You Go around a bit today and it looks interesting. Happy reading this week!

Yvonne said...

I received Never Let You Go, too. It looks good.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Hi Gautami! Funny you don't like the Austen books but the movies are okay.
I saw the video for Pack and thought that would be interesting.
Hope this has been a good reading week.