Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Short Stories on Motherhood by Sue Oaks

It didn’t take you long to
Work me out
You seem to know me
All the way, well
I guess you knew my inside parts
You knew the beating of my heart
Like no-one else knew
We must remember
Somewhere
Where we knitted together in
Our mother’s warmth.

~Once a mother always a mother by Sue Oaks

Short Stories on Motherhood by Sue Oaks

All the five short stories touch us in some way or the other. Those are not the traditional stories of motherhood but very different, modern, magical, surreal and hard hitting. It is not easy to review the stories but I would say, the book ought to be read by all. Mothers, daughter, fathers and sons. 


5 comments:

Dark Franny said...

This doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but thanks for sharing!
Here's this week's teaser!

Book Blather said...

I liked the poem, I found it quite sentimental which I suppose will be the tone of the stories?

I laughed when I saw the tag line on the header of this blog: you'd get on very well with a friend of mine. She doesn't read books "with fluffy clouds" in them. :-)

Anonymous said...

Interesting poem.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/06/teaser-tuesday.html

fredamans said...

Sweet prose.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet poem, and definitely something to remember.