Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday: Mailbox/What AM I Reading?/Musings

Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. June Host is: Dolce Belleza

I downloaded the following e-books from Amazon:

1) Still Waters by Misha Crews
2) All for Anna by Nicole Deese
3) Death by Honeybee by Abigail Keam
4) Imposter by Karen Fenech
5) Unconventional by J J Herbert

All these are Crime Fiction in one way or the other

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of BooksWe discuss the books that we've read and what we're planning to read for the week.

I finished reading 
NOTHING

Currently reading:
Engraved in Stone by Madhulika Liddle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…

• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

This year my reading is going at a snail's pace. I don't know what to do about it. I have tried everything. Even audio books. HELP ME!!!


15 comments:

Bellezza said...

I'm reading at a snail's pace myself. I sent my mother off to her vacation with a huge stack of books I've been meaning to read. In one and a half weeks she finished them all while I can barely get through fifty pages. Well, our time will come.. ;)

Isn't it convenient to download e-books? Love that!

Anonymous said...

Find short books (not picture books) with interesting covers. Don't let the size fool you! Or, you can reread a book you loved as a kid- again not a picture book unless you want to.

Shelleyrae said...

Sorry, no idea how to help, I just can't not read. Maybe try an old favourite or pick up a series?

(Try to) Read on!
Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I love how easy it is to get Kindle downloads (and they don't take up physical space....enjoy

My reading has slowed since I've been sick as well.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I hope you enjoy your new books. I think most readers go through a time when reading slows. I hope yours picks up soon.

Unknown said...

Reading a great book, usually motivates me to read more. Reading or not finishing a not so great book, slows down my motivation. Good Luck getting started again!

Elizabeth said...

Sometimes we get into a slump and can't enjoy or read any books.

It will pass. :)

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

Kathy Martin said...

My reading has really picked up now that I am on vacation. Come see my Monday Report here. Happy reading!

bermudaonion said...

I hope you love them all!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! your new reads.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/06/mailbox-monday_17.html

Anonymous said...

Reading is something you do for enjoyment not because you think you have to. Take a break no stress no pressure and you will love it and do it again.

http://cynthia2729.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/musing-mondays-june-17/

JC Jones said...

That just happens sometimes. It will change when the time is right.

Book Blather said...

Hmm, well audiobooks are new to me and I love them - no snails pace for me - but if they don't work for you... Perhaps try reading some lighter more entertaining fair? There's always a readathon challenge or a book club read - those might help you. Good luck!

caite said...

I agree there is no goal you have to reach. it is all about enjoying it, so read as much as you enjoy and not a page more. or less.

Anonymous said...

this year my goal is to read 100 books and so far i am ahead of schedule. have you tried staying up all night to read a book? i've tried it several times just so i can catch up to my sched... or sometimes i choose a book that i know i can easily finish in a day or two... i don't listen to audio books because they can be pretty distracting.
my musing mondays:
http://wp.me/p3v5T1-6h