Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday 56/Follow Friday Four Fill-in Fun Blog Hop

This is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.

"He means slavery could have been phased out, with job training programs and as such," said Loretta.

Snapper by Brian Kimberling
Nathan Lochmueller studies birds, earning just enough money to live on. He drives a glitter-festooned truck, the Gypsy Moth, and he is in love with Lola, a woman so free-spirited and mysterious she can break a man’s heart with a sigh or a shrug. Around them swirls a remarkable cast of characters: the proprietor of Fast Eddie’s Burgers & Beer, the genius behind “Thong Thursdays”; Uncle Dart, a Texan who brings his swagger to Indiana with profound and nearly devastating results; a snapping turtle with a taste for thumbs; a German shepherd who howls backup vocals; and the very charismatic state of Indiana itself. And at the center of it all is Nathan, creeping through the forest to observe the birds he loves and coming to terms with the accidental turns his life has taken.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photobucket
This week’s statements:
1. Sometimes I wonder if I should be watching too much tv but I know I won’t stop
2. Ginger is my favorite flavor of  Tea
3. The thing I remember most vividly about childhood is my dad teaching us Physics during dinner
4. When I am honest about it, I really love reading mushy romances

11 comments:

ImagesByCW | OceanDreamIllustration said...

Wow - your no. 3 'teaching physics at the dinner table' sounds fascinating...

Juli Rahel said...

Phasing out slavery? Sounds like an interesting book! My dad "tried" to teach us Physics, but I am terrible at it so it never really worked! Stop by My Friday post if you have the time!
Juli @ Universe in Words

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

This one does sound good...I'd like to know more.

Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST



retired not tired said...

My granddaughter learned economics at the dinner table. Great place to teach kids.

Vonnie said...

Huh...that's interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about that though.

My post

fredamans said...

Imagine if that was actually a possibility, instead of the history of slaves as we know it to be.
Sounds like a very interesting book.
Happy weekend!!

Susi said...

I love mushy romance novels too. Sometimes, it's just nice to get lost in the fairy tale!!! :)

LA Botchar said...

yep...a mushy novel is my guilty pleasure too. My mom was big on Manners Matter over dinner. I can't say it has not served me well - she was right; they matter.

Hilary said...

Thanks for playing - I could have used a few physic lessons growing up!

Aloi (guiltlessreading) said...

Snapper? For some reason I was thinking fish ... but look at all hose birds on the cover!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Tough sounding book based on Page 56!

Come on by Harlie's Books and check out our Friday 56 and Book Beginning!