Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays:Tintin and King Ottokar's Sceptre by Herge

 Last frame of page 59 shows a crowd including:  Van Melkebeke (bespectacled, bow tie) to the left   and E.P. Jacobs (brown hair and monocle) to the right   in front of Herge's wife Germaine (purple dress)   next to Herge himself, in green...


Title: Tintin and King Ottokar's Sceptre
Author: Herge
ISBN: 9780316358316
Publisher: Little, Brown Books/1974
Pages:62

Tintin finds a lost suitcase and gets to meet Professor Alembick who has to go to Syldavia, and Tintin accepts to join him as his secretary. He notices on the plane the strange behavior of the professor but he is ejected from the plane. Saved by a miracle, Tintin learns about a conspiracy against the king and goes to Klow to warn him. Someone is going to steal the sceptre that the king is supposed to show the people on the day of Saint Vladimir in order to be able to reign. In spite of all the security measures, the theft occurs and Tintin has to investigate. He discovers the truth about this plot. Borduria, its neighbouring country wishes to invade Syldavia by creating chaos. Tintin finds the sceptre and the Bordurian plan fails.

As usual, with beautiful art and fast moving story, this Tintin adventure too reigns! What are you waiting for? Go, buy the albums!

24 comments:

jlshall said...

I've never read any of the Tintin books, but they look like fun. I'll have to check them out.

Jennifer said...

I have not read these, but they sound fascinating.

The Westie Loving Therapist said...

I have read wonderful things about the Tintin books and have been waiting until we have a son old enough to read them together. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Now that sounds wonderful. Why have I never read Herge?!

Kaye said...

That one looks interesting - I can't say I really read graphic novels, not sure why because it does look like fun.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've never read any of this series...sounds intriguing.

My teaser:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesdays_12.html

JoAnn said...

Haven't read this series, but it sounds exciting.

Andrea said...

Tintin...my French teacher use to make us read them.

CeeCee said...

Sounds like fun.

Missy B. said...

Sounds like an enjoyable read!

Novroz said...

I read this long time ago...I've read almost all Tintin Books.

I loved tintin...as far as I can remember...Tintin is the only western comic I can enjoy. (I am a Manga addict)

Anonymous said...

I've never read any of them either. Sounds like I should.

fredamans said...

Where's the teaser? Looks just like a description to me.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesday_11.html

Stephanie said...

This looks good! I am really intrigued by the artwork on the cover.

Mine is here.

lisa-marie said...

I've never read any of the Tintin books, but this one sounds really good!

Wanda said...

My son used to like these when he was younger. Teaser?

Here's mine.

Beth said...

Ok, I seriously need to read these books. I am buying them for my son, but have never read any of them!

Staci said...

Sounds like a fun read!!

Anonymous said...

intriguing teaser!

here's mine!
http://myflutteringheart.blogspot.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesday-13.html

-Aimee
http:myflutteringheart.blogspot.com

Susan said...

I've never read the Tintin books, but this looks really cute :) It's fun to sneak in some children's lit with all the heavy adult stuff!

April said...

I haven't read or heard of these books, but now really want to check them out!

Cecelia said...

The illustrations are just fabulous - thanks for sharing (and coming by my blog earlier!).

pussreboots said...

You're the third person I've seen in the last month reading King Ottokar's Sceptre. It's just a funny coincidence. I read it, another book blogger did and then you. My post is here.

Anonymous said...

I've never read Tintin, but I've heard great things about him.