Sunday, January 24, 2010

Monday: Musing/Mailbox/Whereabouts

Monday Mailbox is hosted by Marcia.

I received two books in my mailbox this past week:

Venom by Joan Brady

Recently released from prison, David Marion doesn't expect to find a hitman at his door. Their meeting is lethal - for the hitman. Warned that a powerful secret organisation is after him, David disappears until the moment comes for him to strike back. Physicist Helen Freyl owns a colony of bees with unique venom. When her lover dies, she accepts a job offer from a giant pharmaceutical company who are close to finding a cure for radiation poisoning. But when the mysteriously sudden death of a colleague is followed by another, Helen begins to doubt her employers' motives and realises that her own life is in danger, too. Venom brings David and Helen together as they fight for their lives against a backdrop of industrial espionage, corporate greed and human tragedy.

Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo

The body of a young woman is discovered in a snow-covered field, and it bears a grisly mutilation: numbers have been carved into the stomach of the dead girl. She is the first in a line of victims, and the long maintained peace in the town is soon a distant memory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished:

Sins of the Flesh by Caridad Pinero


I plan to read:

Anything that holds my interest

I posted reviews of:

Creole Angel by Peggy Hanchar
For the Love of St. Nick by Garasamo Maccagnone
Tintin & The Crab with the Golden Claws by Herge
Tintin and The Shooting Star by Herge
After Innocence by Brenda Joyce
Tintin & The Secret of the Unicorn by Herge
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Where do you keep any books borrowed from friends or the library? Do they live with your own collection, or do you keep them separate? Do you monitor them in anyway.

I keep the borrowed books separately. I read those faster too so as to return as soon as I can. However, it has been a long time I have borrowed anything!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

27 comments:

Mrs Suvi said...

Sworn to Silence sounds good and the Amish aspect interesting!

bermudaonion said...

Both of your new books look kind of creepy! Enjoy!

fredamans said...

Good books.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox_23.html

Nikki in Niagara said...

Sworn to Silence is excellent! Hope you enjoy.

Alayne said...

Your mailbox looks really suspenseful. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Stephanie said...

These look really intriguing! I am looking forward to your reviews.

Brooke Reviews said...

Enjoy your books! :D

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Lot of reviews last week. Here is mine

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I hope you enjoy your reading this week.

DCMetroreader said...

Venom and Sworn to Silence sound like an exciting thrillers. Enjoy your books!

Kaye said...

Sworn to Silence is excellent. You'll be on the edge of your seat with that one. Can't wait for the sequel.

My mailbox is here

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I enjoyed the audio version of Sworn to Silence -- enjoy. Here are mine:

http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2010/01/mailbox-monday_25.html

CeeCee said...

Don't read your new books late at night. They do look creepy! Enjoy.

Here's my musing.

Marce said...

You always have a great reading week.

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/01/j-kayes-what-are-you-reading-on-mondays_25.html

Darlyn said...

hi! i'm new here, 1st time drop by to your blog..but sure you have great piles of books!

http://darlynandbooks.blogspot.com/2010/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-2.html

Serena said...

I received Venom as well!

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Venom looks really interesting. I have Sworn to Silence on my tbr pile but can't seem to get to it. Your post reminded me about it and I have to read it soon.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

These look very tempting!

My post:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/01/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_25.html

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Sworn To Silence is good. I hope you enjoy it.

Anna said...

Looking forward to your thoughts on Sworn to Silence. It sounds really interesting.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Jo-Jo said...

Sworn to Silence sounds good to me. Enjoy your new books!

Jennifer@ Mrs. Q: Book Addict said...

I received Venom as well. They look great!

Jennifer said...

I look forward to learning about what book(s) you choose to read this week. Happy reading.

Zia said...

Sworn to silence looks interesting. Have a great reading week.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I really enjoy reading your musings on Monday along with the books on your reading list.

pussreboots said...

I also received 2 books in the past week. My post is here.

ibeeeg said...

You have an interesting list of books. I hope you found a read that held your interest this week.