Saturday, January 10, 2009

Weekly Geeks: Community building

It feels good to see weekly geeks again. That's what Dewey wished for all of us. To be united, and get connected in the blog world. No wonder, this week's geek is about community building.

In the spirit of the amazing community building that Dewey was so good at, tell us about your favorite blogs, the ones you have bookmarked or subscribe to in your Google Reader, that you visit on a regular basis. Tell us what it is about these blogs that you love, that inspire or educate you or make you laugh. Be sure to link to them so we can find them too.


I have too many blogs bookmarked and subscribed in my google reader. I try to visit those in regular basis. However, here I will talk about book bloggers. There are a few I have to read. I might not comment all the time. Here I will focus on male bloggers. We female bloggers are already a community!


Here I go:

Bart: It should suffix to say that I like to read him. I love the way he reviews books.

C B James: He is one of my dailry must reads. I like his reviews, which are very balanced. He has an eclectic taste in reading, which appeals to me. Apart from that I like to watch videos of Dakota!

Carl V : He got me back to a genre, I had stopped reading. I mostly credit him for making me read Fantasy, Supernatural Thrillers, Horror stories and other macabre stuff, which i had kind of given up!

John Self : It is sheer pleasure to read the way he writes reviews. I love the way he uses the language. For the poet in me, it touches a chord.

John Mutford : Heconducts those Canadian Challenges and via him, I got to know and read Canadian Authors. I was kind of very ignorant about Canadian literature and it is through him, I am exploring it. I like his The Great Wednesday Compare and Saturday Word Play.

Matt: He has a great taste in literature despite the fact he read Jane Eyre fairly recently. His analysis about a book is very good. And he keeps adding to my TBR pile!

Finally I pass the
Premio Dardos (Darts) Award to all of them. I was given the award by Rebecca. Thanks!

This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.

Keep it, pass it on. Do what you wish to. No pressure as male of the species does not like hand twisting!

0 comments: