Thursday, January 15, 2009

Booking through songs

What songs … either specific songs, or songs in general by a specific group or writer … have words that you love?
Why? And … do the tunes that go with the fantastic lyrics live up to them?

There are too many songs that I love. So much so that I have to listen to those songs at least once a day.

I only list here a few with no specific order:

Rapture of the Deep by Deep Purple: I think it is one of the greatest love songs. I get a spiritual feeling while listening to it. The tunes and instruments played are perfect for the song.

Hotel California by Eagles: I don't remember when I heard it first and why I liked it. It has stayed within my mind and I love the ghostly feeling it arouses.

Careless Whispers by Wham!: When I heard it first it felt as if it was only meant for my ears.

Now to name the great singers, that I gotta listen, no matter what:

Engelbert Humperdinck

Paul Anca

John Carpenters

Toumani Diabate

And so many more....

0 comments: