Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weekly Geeks : Classic literature

1) How do you feel about classic literature? Which classics, if any, have you truly loved? Which would you recommend for someone who has very little experience reading older books?

My reading started with classic books. In my childhood days, I used to read the picturebook versions or abridged versions. Say for example, Gullivers Travels or Arabian Nights. Those vetted my appetite for more. I explored more and more. To mention a few, I have read the Bronte Sisters, Jane Austen( although I don't like her books much), James Barrie, Shakespeare, William Thackeray, Lewis Carroll, Charles Dickens, Thomas Hardy, Arthur Conan Doyle and lot more.

Some of my all time favourite books are Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, The Vanity Fair, Sherlock Holmes books, David Copperfield, Far from the Madding Crowd, Dracula and so many more.

For those who have not read any classics, I would suggest to begin with Lewis Carroll and Charlotte Bronte. They completely take you in.

0 comments: