Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays: Lethal People by John Locke

"What I remembered most about Mrs. Carmodie was she had a double-decker butt. While normal butts curve like the letter C, Mrs. Carmodie’s butt got halfway through the C, then extended several inches in a straight line like some sort of shelf before finishing the curve. The shelf on her butt was wide enough to hold two cans of soda."

Title: Lethal People
Author: John Locke
ISBN: 9783440151712
Publisher: iUniverse/2009
Pages: 242

It is the first in the Donovan Creed series, who is a weird detective. He is not above duping people for money. Mostly from other crooks.

The novel opens with a fire in a house, where three people die. Only Addie, a five tear old survives. She has scars both on her body and her psyche. She is a very endearing character. Donovan creed takes to her. He is attracted to Kathleen, who too loves Addie.

Investigating the fire, Creed finds something which points out that it was an act of arson. Cred comes in contact witrh DeMeo, who is out there duping innocent people's money by killing them. And he does it such a way that no one suspects him. Creed with more weird characters gets into the bottom of it.


It is one hell of a book. Despite the grimness, it is weird and funny. Fast paced and dialogues keep us hooked. Liked the various quirky characters. They kind of make the novel plausible and adventurous.

Not bad for an afternoon read. Thanks to the author for my copy!

26 comments:

Staci said...

Sounds like a fun way to spend the afternoon, though I do feel really bad for the lady with the double decker butt!

Veens said...

That sounds like a good read! Double Decker butt.. God! poor thing!

Marg said...

There's a description you really don't want to have applied to you personally!

My teaser is here

Kaye said...

Sounds like a little nip and tuck is in order for that butt! Have a great week and happy reading! Here's my teaser

Missy B. said...

What a butt! LOL!

Enjoy the book! :)

Andrea said...

That was great for a laugh this morning. Thanks.

Novroz said...

hahaha lol that was the funniest teaser of this week

Irene said...

Oh that's hilarious, "a double decker butt, " That is a TEASER.

Jo-Jo said...

That is too funny! I remember saying something similar about a gal that was on American Idol a couple years ago. lol

Jennifer said...

Thank is indeed the funniest teaser I have read to date.

Marce said...

Again a great teaser from John Locke, thanks for sharing.

I recently downloaded Saving Rachel from your recommendation.

My teaser

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2010/03/two-for-teaser-tuesday.html

The Westie Loving Therapist said...

Sounds like an interesting read. Unfortunately I know a poor soul with a double decker butt!

Here's my teaser...
http://westietherapy.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesday-on-what-grounds.html

JoAnn said...

LOL... a double decker butt!! This is the funniest teaser I've seen today!

Cackleberry Homestead said...

Too funny - I had never thought about double decker butts before :)

fredamans said...

Great teaser! Looks like a good story!

Book Soulmates said...

LOL!! Great teaser :)

Here is my teaser for today.

♥Isalys

kayerj said...

sounds deadly-- thanks for stopping by :)

Lori said...

LOL, a bit of a dark story I guessing. I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's My Teaser

jlshall said...

What a great teaser! Haven't heard of this one before now, but it sounds like something I'd love.

Unknown said...

sounds like my cup of tea - weird and hilarious and a detective to boot.

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

oh goodness, I hope my butt doesn't get like that LOL! Great teaser :)

Nise' said...

LOL - What a great teaser. Sorry for Mrs. Carmodie. Glad you enjoyed the book.

Zia said...

Haha great teaser!

Yvonne said...

Great teaser! Sounds like a good book.

Cecelia said...

What an observation - funny and weird at the same time. I like it! Great teaser - and thanks for coming by my blog!

Anonymous said...

Cool book. But I liked Miss Garrote by Victoria Newhope more. :)