Sunday, September 13, 2009

Musing/Mailbox Mondays

Musing Mondays (BIG)Do you find yourself forming trends in your reading? Is this a conscience act, influenced by either your own interests or current publishing fads?

I have never formed trends. so following any is out of question. I do keep reading different genres. I never stick to any particular one. Publishing fads can't influence me at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday Mailbox is hosted by Marcia and In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren Check both which are related to books you receive in the past week.

I received the following in my mailbox:

1) Poetic Musings of an Old, Fat Man by Harry E. Gilleland, Jr.

2) Heart Of Courage by Kat Martin

And bought 10 more. I have posted about those on my TSS post of yesterday. Do check it out:

TSS: Books I bought Today

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It's Monday! What Are You Reading This Week? is a weekly event hosted by J. Kaye of J. Kaye's Book Blog, "to list the books completed last week, the books currently being read, and the books to be finish this week."

I finished:

Heart of Courage by Kat Martin

Nightshade by John Saul

Tintin In America by Herge

Tintin and The Cigars of Pharoah by Herge

Tintin and The Blue Lotus by Herge

Tintin and The Broken Ear by Herge

Tintin and King Ottokar's Sceptre by Herge

I am in the midst of reading:

1). The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster

2) More of Tintin Graphic Novels

I reviewed:

Alvor by Laura Bingham

Almost Heaven by Judith McNaught


Heart of Courage by Kat Martin

Nightshade by John Saul

27 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I smile every time I read the title of Poetic Musings of an Old, Fat Man. I hope you enjoy it!

Serena said...

Sounds like you got some great books to read. Happy BBAW.

Melody said...

I don't have a reading trend too. The books I choose to read always based on my mood then.

Staci said...

I try not to buy into trends and just read what interests me. Happy reading this week!!

The Social Frog said...

I heard Nightshade is good! I usually set my own trends but sometimes other things help me decide what to read.

Teddyree said...

Wow you sure have a fantastic line-up. I'll be back to check out some reviews. Happy reading :-)
Here's my Monday post

Book Dragon said...

morning!

Poetic Musings of an Old, Fat Man? I hope you'll share with us.

I'm a mood reader and sometimes I have to read a book and it isn't as good as it could have been because of my mood.

Thank you for commenting on my post

Kristen said...

I love the Tintin books. Such fun. As for reading trends, I do find myself gravitating to similar themes for a while before I tire of whatever it is and move on to something else. It's not dictated by the publishing world but more by whatever my interest is currently.

Blodeuedd said...

Nice mailbox, and I do like buying books.
Happy reading

DCMetroreader said...

Poetic Musings sounds like my kind of poetry, but I don't know what "stroems" are. Anyway, enjoy & thanks for stopping by.

Jennifer said...

I have not heard of (or not not recall) Tintin. How is The New York Trilogy and how was Nightshade? Happy Reading. My list is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/what-are-you-reading-monday_14.html

Kelly said...

The title of Poetic Musings of an Old, Fat Man might just be enough to entice me into reading poetry. Here's my Mailbox Nice mailbox, happy reading!

BooksPlease said...

Looks like you had a trend of reading Tintin for a while! I know what you mean though - it's good to read widely.

Zia said...

Nice reading list. Have a great reading week!

Wendi said...

Oh - I love Kat Martin - hope the book was a good one - not one I've read yet. :)

Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

kayerj said...

your reading always shows a great deal of diversity. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I finished a lot of books last week too! Here is mine

Anonymous said...

I love the title of your first Mailbox book! It looks like you've had a good week of reading - and have been very much immersed in the world of Tintin :)

BurtonReview said...

Very nice books you bought yesterday, I am particularly interested in the DuMaurier titles. It's been ages since I've read Rebecca, and that's all I have read of hers. I need to get some more of her stuff.

Allison said...

I haven't read John Saul in forever.. but I remember really enjoying his books!

Leslie said...

omg you read a lof of books! :D Enjoy!

Yvonne said...

I'm not much of a trend follower either - more like I'll read a type of book because of my mood.

Enjoy your books!

Schatzi said...

I haven't read any John Saul in ages! Have a great week.

Alice said...

Poetic Musings of an Old, Fat Man sounds very interesting!

Icedream said...

I have never heard of the Tintin books, I am off to fantastic fiction to check them out!
I'm in agreement with you, I can't really get into trends. I read what catches my interest.

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

You'll enjoy this, I'm sure!

Poetic Musings of an Old, Fat Man by Harry E. Gilleland, Jr.

Can't wait to hear you views on it.

Anonymous said...

Love John Saul!