Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday: Mailbox/What Am I reading?/Musing

Mailbox Monday is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week and explore great book blogs. Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists. December host is Rose City Reader

I received only one book, and I also downloaded a lot of free e-books!

The Diary of a Reluctant Feminist by Bhavna Bhavna

'The problem is the small print in my struggle for a divorce; as with everything in my life, it always reads 'subject to my mother's permission.' And since my mother was not going to give me permission to divorce in a hurry, I was relegated to being an armchair divorcee. But Indian parents will never voluntarily give their children permission to get divorced or have a live-in relationship or conceive a child by any means other than Immaculate Conception which, of course, would only take place after the child is married. So I decided, after two years of being separated, to stop waiting for my parents' elusive permission, and to take the initial steps in the painful journey myself. In this process, I was also branded a 'feminist', which in their view is marginally worse than being a terrorist...' A humorous look at the hapless, Indian, female divorce-seeker ? who not only takes on her in-laws and her ex, but her own family, if she ever so much as suggests she might want to call it quits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hosted by Sheila @ One Person's Journey Through a World of BooksWe discuss the books that we've read and what we're planning to read for the week. 


I finished reading the following:

Nothing!

I am in the midst of reading:

The Land of Decoration by Grace McCleen
A Soul's Calling by Scott Bishop
The Aryavarta Chronicles Book 1: Govinda by Krishna Udayasankar
The Edge of Normal by Carla Norton
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Musing Mondays asks you to muse about something related to books each week…

• Maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

I sorted through my Mills & Boon collection. It is time I got rid of those. I own around 400!! I found someone who is interested to take the lot. I am glad and she is happy!

BTW, no news about my buddy and I am worried!! 


13 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I hope you hear something today.

Here's my It's Monday!

JC Jones said...

It is hard to get rid of books but nice when you know that they will make someone else happy. Hope you hear from you friend soon.

Unknown said...

Last year I decided to give away some of my books to friends and to local libraries. It took me years to take that decision but now I feel good about it. i have more space for new books :)

Here's my Musing

Anonymous said...

I think The Diary of a Reluctant Feminist will be quite good. Have a great week!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Your book looks interesting! Enjoy!

bermudaonion said...

I don't think there was a lot of reading going on last week. I hope you find time to read this week.

Elizabeth said...

I barely read, but did finish a book for a tour I am on.

ENJOY your week.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Mailbox Monday

Another giveaway on my blog if you want stop by that post too.
Giveaway

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I read a few pages last week but no where near the amount I usually do. I hope you enjoy your new book!

Harvee said...

Bet your friend is more than delighted to get so many M and B books!

Harvee
Book Dilettante

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

In re: your musing. I am not familiar with Mills and Boon, but I've heard comments about them.

It sounds like you enjoyed them at some point.

Here's MY MUSING MONDAYS POST

Nise' said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. Wow that is quite a collection.

Anonymous said...

Whoa! 400 Mills & Boon!! :) That's one of the first romance books I've read when I was in my early teens. My aunt used to collect them.

Hope you hear from your buddy soon.

Shoshanah said...

The Diary of a Reluctant Feminist is new to me, but the description definitely has be intrigued. I hope you enjoy it!