Friday, November 29, 2013

Book Beginnings on Fridays/The Friday 56/Friday Four Fill-in Fun Blog Hop

Book Beginnings on Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader, where bloggers share the first sentence or more of a current read, as well as initial thoughts about the sentence(s), impressions of the book, or anything else that the opening inspires.

Later I would recognise the smell as blood. Much, much later. At the age of five, I had no idea what it was. The room was dark and Iwas scared. My sister wasn't moving but her face and clothes felt sticky. I suppose Iwas panicking, but at that age, with no frame of reference, I wasn't likely to know that. 

The Friday 56 is a fun meme to do hosted by Freda's Voice. If you'd like to join on the fun go to The Friday 56.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader.
*Find any sentence that grabs you.
*Post it.
*Link it here.


People did not discuss the specifics of who murdered whom thirty or so miles away.

Never Forget by Lisa Cutts


Few kidnap victims grow up to become police officers - but this is exactly what Nina Foster did. Following a frenzied stabbing she is drafted into her first murder investigation. With former rescuer DCI Stan McGuire as her mentor and John ('Wingsy') Wing as her partner, she thrives on the pace and banter that go with the job. As the body count increases and the force's biggest-ever manhunt gets underway, Nina is determinded to find the murderer. But when the story of her own traumatic childhood comes to light - a past she's worked hard to hide - her role on the team is threatened. Suddenly her job, her peace of mind and her safety are all in danger. And this time DCI Stan McGuire won't be there to save her. Fast-paced, and with a shocking twist, this compelling crime debut by police insider Lisa Cutts takes us to the heart of the Major Incident Room - introducing a gutsy new heroine to the crime scene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PhotobucketEvery Friday, Hilary of Feeling Beachie lists four statements with a blank for you to fill in on your own blogs.

This week’s statements:

WATCH OUT FOR THIS SPACE!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great opening, very chilling! Happy reading :)

My Friday Book Memes

Vonnie said...

Oh no, that doesn't sound good. I hope the sister is okay.

My post

Elizabeth said...

ENJOY your reading.

Good opening.

Enjoy your weekend.

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Beginnings

Kathy Martin said...

Sounds like an amazing book. I'll have to add it to my wishlist. Come see what I am spotlighting at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

fredamans said...

I have to know why they are covered in blood!

Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

That looks like on e I'd like!