Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A-Z Wednesday: Grace Under Pressure by Julie Hyzy

Title: Grace Under Pressure
Author: Julie Hyzy
ISBN: 9780425235218
Publisher: Berkley Prime Crime/2010
Pages: 310

Grace Under Pressure is set in a Manor in Emberstowne and is a cozy mystery. Grace Wheaton is the assistant curator of Marshfield Manor. Just when she thinks her life is settled, the curator of the Manor is murdered. It seems like a mistaken killing as the killer wanted to get the owner Bennett Marshfield.

Grace takes over as the curator and starts to investigate the murder in her own fashion. She discovers that everyone is trying to get a piece out of the owner. She discovers some dubious financial dealings. And while searching through her own papers left to her by her mother, she finds a link with Manor. 

Grace does whatever it takes to save the Manor despite the skeletons tumbling out. It is good cozy mystery and Hyzy has created a good character in Grace. This is the first book in the Manor of murder mystery series. Worth looking at..

9 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, I love cozy mysteries, and the cover and synopsis make this one sound like a must-read.

Here's mine:

Click my name for the link....

Michelle said...

Sounds like an interesting mystery indeed.

My `J` is up

fredamans said...

I do love a mystery!

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/10/to-z-starts-with-j.html

Anonymous said...

Love this type of book!

Thanks for playing!

Bev Hankins said...

A cozy mystery in a manor! Sounds like just the thing for me! Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/10/z-wednesday-letter-j.html

Christina said...

I enjoy her White House Chef mysteries. I have this one on my shelf.

Unknown said...

I haven't read a mystery in a while. Sounds like this could be an interesting one.

Darlyn said...

I love mysteries! I'm now trying to open up and be more diverse into reading new branches of this genre. And this one sounds like another good one =)

Chrissie said...

I read this one a little while ago and I really enjoyed it too. Great review :)