Saturday, October 2, 2010

Weekly Geeks: Read-A-Thon Plans



Glad that this Weekly Geek post is about Read-A-Thon Plans.

Like in the past, I am participating in it. As a reader. I think I will sign in for being a cheerleader too. I don't have any set strategy. I will simply go along. I do have certain books in my mind but not sure if I will read from those. I might pick up completely different books. I will try to finish at least three books, that is around, 1200 pages. But I don't know. I also plan to read a poetry book. My reading is very slow right now. I need to get out of my slump. I will make the Read-A-Thon do that for me. I will take breaks and will visit other readers to cheer them. Will also participate in mini challenges. I will drink a lot of tea! That's about it.

What about you?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I owe you a huge thank you because your post reminded me to sign up for Dewey's Readathon which I've been meaning to do for over a wek & kept forgetting so THANK YOU! I think the read-a-thon will be just the ticket to get you out of your reading slump, I hope so. I'm not one for specifically planning what I will read. But I like to have a pile of books from which to choose. At least 75% of my reading will be Infinte Jest. I'm a little more than halfway through the book & the opportunity to sit & read for several hours at a time is too goo not to read that book. Besides, I'm loving it!

I will drink lots of water & coffee!

~ Amy

Maree said...

I've been having a slumpy year reading-wise. I hope the readathon can kick-start you :)

Molly (Restless Reader) said...

Reading a book of poetry is a great idea. I may do that myself.

Meaghan said...

Good luck! I hope you get to read some good books. :)