Sunday, October 10, 2010

24 Hour Read-a-thon: Mid Event Survey

Reader Readathon Button
1. What are you reading right now?
Out at might by Susan Arnout Smith

2. How many books have you read so far?
two!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Not really!

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Yes! Entirely my fault. I chatted for more than two hours over the net! But I don't regret it.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Nothing as yet!

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Will talk about it later!

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Not much change!

9. Are you getting tired yet?
Yes! I live in India. I have not slept the whole night. And feel sleepy in the morning now!

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
For readers, go easy on reading. Get up and walk around. For cheerleaders, visit as many blogs as you can. In my initial hours, I was not much visited by the cheerleaders. It really affects reading!

7 comments:

Memory said...

Ooh, you've got Stieg Larsson to read! I'm jealous. I'm still waiting for my library to give me THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE.

kikiv68 said...

"Woke up this morning with/a terrific urge to lie in bed all day and read."-Raymond Carver.
Sunny reading vibes from Miami, Florida, United States...Dewey's Read-A-Thon Cheerleader. Keep up the good work! Loved your blog!

Anonymous said...

Keep chugging along, you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

The hour grows late
My cheers are lame
Hope you’re still reading
And your eyes aren’t aflame!

Mystica said...

Good stuff to go on with. Enjoy the reading.

Sherry Ann said...

That's great that you could stay up all night. And you finished 2 books - impressive!

tanabata said...

You've done well staying up all night! Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon.
Happy reading!