Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A-Z Wednesday

A-ZWEDNESDAY A-Z Wednesday is hosted by Vicky of Reading at the Beach

THIS WEEK'S LETTER IS: E

Eclipse by Richard North Patterson

On the eve of getting a divorce, Damon Pierce, a 40-year-old partner in a huge San Francisco, Calif., law firm, who specializes in international litigation, e-mails Marissa Brand, a woman he was once in love with in college, to update her on his life. Marissa is married to Bobby Okari, a firebrand reformer whose Nigeria-like country, Luandia, is awash in oil. With these riches come the usual scenarios: ecological disasters, a brutal dictator with murderous henchmen, a rapacious foreign oil company and an oppressed populace. After everyone in Okari's village is slaughtered, Bobby is arrested for the lynching of three oil workers. Damon, because he's a good man and because he's still in love with Marissa, signs on to defend Bobby from the bogus charge.

9 comments:

Staci said...

This one sounds good!!

Bryan R. Terry said...

Sounds interesting. I've never read any Richard North Patterson, I may need to change that.

Mine is HERE

Unknown said...

Oh My, that should keep someone on the edge of their seats.

My A-Z

Zia said...

Sounds like a pretty good book.

Nise' said...

I like thrillers. I have not read Richard North Patterson.

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting. I've never read anything by Richard North Patterson, either.

Anonymous said...

This author is new to me. This book sounds good!

Thanks for playing!

Irene said...

Thanks for playing, great post.

Irene said...

I need to ask you how you hyperlink your post into the comment box? i.e. MY A-Z