Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tintin & Cigars of the Pharoah by Hergé

How about this as a teaser?!

~Tintin, Prof. Sarcophagus & the Fakir


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Title: Tintin & Cigars of the Pharoah

Author: Hergé
ISBN: ISBN 1-4052-0615-2
Publisher: Methuen/1971
Pages: 62

In this album, Tintin and his dog Snowy are on a holiday cruise where they meet an absent-minded professor Sarcphagus, a movie producer Rastapolous, and the twin Thompson brothers detectives. Tintin is arrested by the Thompsons (introduced in this album) because someone plants heroin in his room. He manages to jump ship and runs into the professor in the jungle.

He agrees to help the professor who wishes to find a hidden Egyptian tomb. When they do find the tomb, it is full of mummified archaeologists and cases of curiously labeled cigars. Both they are drugged, captured and put on a ship.

A series of escapes and captures keeps the story moving with Tintin running into the professor, the Thompsons, and the movie producer, while trying to escape from an international gang of smugglers and making his way from Egypt, Arabia to India, where we meet a Maharaja and many fakirs. (Despite being an Indian I am yet to meet any!). And of course, Tintin along with Snowy solves the mystery of Cigars of the Pharaoh.

As usual, the album doesn't disappoint and I had rollicking fun re-reading it for the nth time!


31 comments:

Veens said...

Cute!

ibeeeg said...

Sounds like a fun read!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday

Jennifer said...

Cute teaser! Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/09/to-be-king-teaser-tuesdays.html

Margot at Joyfully Retired said...

I like the drawings. Looks like fun

Lisa said...

Awww. Those look really cute!

My teaser is here.

Jo-Jo said...

Very creative...that just made me laugh!

Lisa said...

awww.. cuteness

Here's Mine

Book Bird Dog said...

Looks like a fun comic!

Alice said...

What a creative way of doing this!

kayerj said...

a picture is worth a thousand words they say. Thanks for stopping by today.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Sounds like a great book! Love the graphics. Have a great day!

Sherrie

Cecelia said...

I like it! Those Tintin comics are absolute classics. Your teaser sounds like a classic dangerous/risky bit. Great choice!

Thanks for coming by my blog!

JoAnn said...

I love it!!

Tea said...

I want to say the same thing. I love it! I want more or an encore. Archaeologists in the tomb, hidden drugs??? Oh my!! This, as my mother would say, "tops the cake."

http://readwithtea.blogspot.com/2009/09/match-for-mary-bennet-by-eucharista.html

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I've never looked at the Tintin books, although I see them a lot in bookstores. I'm going to have to check some out!

Jacqueline C. said...

I haven't read a Tintin comic either, but I used to love the animated version when I was younger!

Book Dragon said...

Thank for the comment on my teaser. The review will be live on Sunday.

I liked your teaser. How else are you going to tease us with a graphic novel??

Louise said...

I LOVE this one (and Prof. Sarcophagus is called Prof. Cyclone in the Danish editions, might be he original name, but I love the name Prof. Sarcophagus).

Are Tintin comics considered graphic novels...?

Belle said...

It has been so long since I've read Tintin! I purchased a few of those multivolumes a while back - I really should dig them out for a reread.

Staci said...

Loved that!! I've never read this but it looks like something I would enjoy!

Unknown said...

I used to read Tintin all the time! They ahve some great adventures together! Great idea for a story to read. And thenk you for the reminder =o)

Beth said...

Great teaser. My oldest son really enjoys Tintin. I need to pick one up and read it. Here is mine.

Wendi said...

What a fun teaser!

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Susan said...

HA! Love the teaser :)

Marg said...

I haven't read a Tintin book for years! Fun teaser.

Anonymous said...

Fun teaser!

Pixie said...

LOL love the cartoon teaser.

jlshall said...

Very cute teaser! I've never read any of the Tintin books, but they look like fun.

Anonymous said...

Cute! I haven't read Tintin in forever!
Here's my Teaser Tuesday.

Bryan R. Terry said...

That's great!

My Teaser is HERE

Leslie said...

aww that is sooo cute!