Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Salon:The past week in retrospect and on to the new...

Long time I did a proper Sunday Salon post. For the past few months, I have mostly posted book reviews for TSS.

I am on my Autumn break of 10 days. That ends on 29th September. I have managed to finish a lot of personal work which had been pending for months now. Most days I have been out. However, that has not prevented me from reading. Infact I have been reading lot more. Now I have lots of reviews pending. I have to get around writing reviews before those get unmanageable.

Today I woke up at 4: 30 AM and couldn't go back to sleep. I got up and finished
A House of Bottles by Robin Merrill, a poetry book. I also scheduled a few posts to be published this week. Those include reviews along with the regular memes. I have saved on my posting time for next week and will spend that on reading. However, I will continue interacting with you all!

I read the following 10 books last week. Tintin Albums are light reads but the other ones? No way!

The Locked Room: The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster
Someone Else's Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage
Humpty Dumpty Was Pushed by Marc Blatte
A Note From An Old Acquaintance
Ghosts: The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster
A House of Bottles by Robin Merrill (Poetry)
The Sister Pact by Cami Checkett
Tintin & The Crab with the Golden Claws
Tintin & The Shooting Star
Tintin & The Secret of the Unicorn

I think I will write mini reviews for the Tintin Albums. There are three more from the previous week. That means 6 mini reviews. I have already written the reviews of The Sister Pact and A House in Bottles and scheduled those for next week.

What do I plan to do today? What is left of it, that is? I will write poetry, visit my poet friends on their blogs. And read more of Tintin albums. I am yet to re-read 13 others! Next month I plan to re-read all of Asterix albums.

What about you? Are you planning on reading? Or visiting someone? Or sleep it off? Or chill out, folks?

17 comments:

Nan said...

I'm running some errands today then I hope to curl up with my current book for a bit. It's a rainy day here in Vermont, a good day to curl up with a book (and the dogs) on the couch.

Frances said...

Now that is a great reading week especially the Paul Auster works. Can't wait to read his new novel. Happy reading!

JoAnn said...

You've had a great week! I'm still reading The Woman in White, but hope to add in a banned book this week, too.

Ceri said...

You've had a really great week. :-D I'm so behind on my review posting. I love that you're reading Tintin.

Pamela Sweet said...

Wow! You're a reading dynamo! I'm definitely going to have to check into some of those titles.

I had planned for tons of reading this week but I just received positive feedback on a short story I pitched and so might be writing instead.

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a fantastic week!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

You had a fabulous book week!!

We had company for the weekend (since Friday) but now they are on their way home. It was fun, but always good to get your home back to normal.

It's a rainy day day so I'll be home reading,relaxing and cooking.

Violet said...

What a fabulous reading week you have had.

Autumn break? wow..I wish I could take one too. Considering you teach you must be having a long Diwali break too :)

I'm mostly shopping lately, already tired :)

serendipity_viv said...

Sounds like you have had a nice week off with lots of good reading.

Memory said...

I'm really impressed with your ten-book week! I've been in such a reading funk that I've had a six-book month. I'm hoping that'll change with my current read, though. I just started THE NIGHT WATCH by Sergei Lukyanenko, and I'm really enjoying it so far.

I plan to spend the day writing. I'm very close to officially finishing what I hope will be my final revision, and I'd love to polish it off by the end of the day.

Literary Feline said...

I think my husband was just coming to bed at 4:30 this morning. He was so into what he was doing last night, he couldn't pull himself away.

I like it when I am able to schedule posts in advance like you mention. It isn't often I manage to do that though. It sure is a time saver when I can though.

I hope to get in some reading today. The laundry needs to be done as well. We're meeting friends for lunch a little bit later. I hope you have a great week, Gautami!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

What am I doing this Sunday? Reading Sunday Salon, of course!

Anonymous said...

That's quite a lot of books! I had planned on reading a lot today but so far it hasn't happened yet!

Ti said...

My day just flew by. Lots of cleaning and prepping for the upcoming week but I did manage to have some fun too.

BTW...you did well this past week. I could never read 10 books in one week. Not even while on vacation!

Carrie K. said...

Sunday's nearly over, but I haven't had time to go blog hopping until now. It was a good day - I did get some reading in - took my boys to the local skateboard park and read while they played.

Enjoy your break!

Cami Checketts said...

Ten books in one week! You are amazing. I sent off my latest manuscript, had three book signings, and one speaking engagement last week, so I'd hoped to relax on Sunday, but it didn't happen! Oh, well. Someday things will slow down.

Kristen said...

What a great week. Even if the Tintin's are easy, you still read a lot! And who can pass up a good Tintin now and again? ;-)

Suey said...

I had a great chilling out day yesterday. And look forward to an even more relaxing one NEXT Sunday! Hopefully, I'll get LOTS of reading done! :)