Friday, September 25, 2009

Friday Finds: Silence Not, a love story by Cynthia L. Cooper

SILENCE NOT, A LOVE STORY by Cynthia L. Cooper

During an economic crisis in Germany in the 1920s and 1930s, an idealistic young Jewish woman involved in the labor movement in Hamburg joins with a rebellious artisan to resist the rise of Nazism, at the same time deepening their love for humanity and each other.

Drawn from the true stories of Gisa Peiper and Paul Konopka, this is a story of courage and love that thrives despite the dangers, telling of hope and art of, of speaking out for the highest human values in the most pressing times.

11 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I LOVE the cover of this book. Another sad but important story by the sound of it. hope you enjoy it.

Unknown said...

Me too. I love the cover of this book too! Am gonna check this out. Happy Reading!

Marie Cloutier said...

sounds right up my alley! thanks!

Book Dragon said...

Good morning, thanks for stopping by my Friday Finds

I like the sound of yours, I wonder if my library has it?

Missy B. said...

First of all, I love the cover!!! I was drawn to it immediately. The story sounds like one that I would enjoy. Another one for my list!

Jo-Jo said...

This sounds like a great book. I think it would be interesting to read some books that take place during the rise of the Nazis. I think this period of time is just as important so people get a glimpse at the actions that led up to WWII.

Leslie said...

man that sounds interesting and the cover is sooo pretty!

Booklogged said...

How can Iran's president say the Holocaust never happened? My brief rant is over for now.

I want to read this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Look forward to hearing your thoughts when you finish reading it.

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

I really like the sound of this. I'm a sucker for love perservering despite the odds. I'll have to check this one out =)

Mel u said...

This does sound like a very good book-thanks for sharing it with us

Anna said...

This sounds like a book I need to get my hands on! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric