Thursday, September 10, 2009

Booking through recent informative

What’s the most informative book you’ve read recently?


One book which instantly came into my mind is Mare's War by Tanita S. Davis. It speaks of the role of African American battalion of the Women's Army Corps during World War II. It speaks in setail about enlisted women, that too coloured women.

Then there are other books, which are very detailed about the Witch Trials. Those include, The Lost Book of Salem by Katherine Howe and Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks. Both touch that sensitive subject of so calle witches, telling us a bit about the insanity that prevailed in those times.






12 comments:

Pam said...

I've read both of the Salem books but I haven't read Mare's War which I've heard amazing things about.

Anonymous said...

The Salem books sound interesting. 'informative' is another subjective BTT isn't it?!!

Novroz said...

Mare's war sounds really interesting.

@novelinsights yup I think it is subjective...then again taste is a subjective thing :)

BurtonReview said...

Year of Wonders has piqued my interest, as I have read Howe's book & enjoyed it.
My response is up at The Burton Review.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a very interesting book. BTT

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I really want to read Mare's War!

Yvonne said...

It sounds like a really informative book and really interesting.

Bryan R. Terry said...

All three of those sound fascinating! I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

As you already know, my BTT is HERE

kayerj said...

that was a pretty insane time. I enjoyed your post. I’m booking thru Thursday here

Anonymous said...

The Lost Book of Salem sounds good--I'll have to check that out. I loved Year of Wonders.

Lizzie said...

Sound like a good one I love world war II

Anonymous said...

They all sound interesting and very informative, indeed.