Thursday, September 17, 2009

Booking through Most Enjoyable

btt button

What’s the most enjoyable, most fun, most just-darn-entertaining book you’ve read recently?

I can think of only two right now

Curse of the Pogo Stick by Colin Cotterill


This is detective story with a 73 year Coroner/detective with a pogo stick being worshipped as a God!

Tea and Other Ayama Na Tales by Eleanor Bluestein

This is short story collection taking place in an imaginary Asian Country Ayama NA.



I enjoyed reading both. Click on the titles and/or covers to read my reviews.

14 comments:

CJ said...

A pogo stick being worshiped as a god? I was going to say you've got to be kidding but that's too out there to be made up.

cjh

Jo said...

I need to read the pogo stick book! The other one sounds good too.

JoAnn said...

I love the title - Curse of the Pogo Stick!

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I remember when you read the pogo stick book and how much you enjoyed it! Goes to show that even tho the title sounds a bit out there, it can still be a winner!

Carrie said...

Per usual, I hadn't heard of either one! But I'm always curious to see what you are reading.

Happy BTT!

Unknown said...

That first one sounds like a real riot!

Mervi said...

The short story collections sounds really interested. I love it when the stories are interconnected.

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Thanks for visiting today.

kayerj said...

the first one sounds very interesting. If you want to wander down my road I’m home.

ibeeeg said...

Just read you review on Curse of the Pogo Stick. I am going to give this book a go as I think I am may like this read.

Ted said...

That mystery sounds very fun and original!

Yvonne said...

The Curse of the Pogo Stick sounds really good!

Lizzie said...

Ha Ha they are funny, a pogo stick? Why a pogo stick? I am going to have to check more into your review.

Dot said...

I like the sound of the one with the pogo stick in! Happy BTT!