Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Top Ten Books For People Who Like Classics

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the BookishEach week, we get a theme to list our top tens. 

This week's Top Ten pick : Top Ten Books For People Who Like X Books. Here I am taking X=Classics.

I am listing here Contemporary Classics, for the die hard classic readers:

1. A Passage to India by E. M. Forster

2. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

3. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger

4. On the Road by Jack Kerouac
5. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
6. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
7. The Alexandria Quartet by Lawrence Durrell
8. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
9. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
10. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

I do have a LONG list!!

7 comments:

Irene said...

I'm amazed that I've actually read quite a few of your list.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Excellent idea for a list! I've read them all except for Alexandria Quartet (and that one I have not even heard about!) Thank you very much!

DeniseF said...

I loved One Hundred Years of Solitude!

Angela said...

Great choices! I love the classics.

Mary @MySistersBookshelf said...

So I generally feel like an expert on the classics, and I am extra excited to get to see one I didn't know! The Alexandria Quartet? Like Deb, I've read all the others. It's always exciting to discovery new books and doubly so when they are classics! Thanks for this list and for stopping by our blog too!

elena said...

I've only read 3 books on this list but should read more! I'm behind on my classics.

Li @ rulethewaves.net said...

Great list, I've read a number of them (One Hundred Years of Solitude, Brave New World, Catch-22 and The Bell Jar as well as Forster's other works--haven't gotten around to A Passage to India yet though) and enjoyed them =)

Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier this week!