Monday, July 16, 2012

Crime Fiction Alphabet: I is for Ice-Cold Hands

The Case of the Ice Cold Hands by Erle Stanley Gardner

Audrey Bicknell wants Perry Mason to collect the money for her if the horse she has betting on wins. She gives him 5 tickets. That Horse wins. It seems that it was embezzled money after the tickets are cashed by Perry Mason! It turns out that Audrey Bicknell is Norma Banks and a body is found in her hotel room. And she is found to have ice cold hands!!

Perry Mason takes on her case as he already has her money. It has the usual twists of a Perry Mason novel but it one of the funniest ones. One laughs through all of it, even in the courtroom drama!

I am posting this for Crime Fiction Alphabet as I think Perry Mason needs to be revisited. I own almost all of Erle Stanley Gardner's Perry Mason novels. My eldest brother was a huge fan and and he gave the lot to me after he moved to a new city! 

I am participating in Crime Fiction Alphabet after so long. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gautami - I'm so glad you chose a Perry Mason mystery. He's a great character and I've always liked the way he doggedly works for his client no matter what. You are lucky to have such a collection of Gardner's work!

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

I'm a great fan of Perry Mason - both the books and the TV series of years ago.

You are lucky to own most of Gardner's books - they're quite hard to find these days!

Sergio (Tipping My Fedora) said...

Not sure I've ever read this one, thanks for the overview Gautami.

PeggyAnn said...

Have never read any of the Perry Mason books just watched the TV show all the time growing up. Not posting this week just visiting!

Valli said...

I love Perry Mason. I usually have no idea, on how he is going to solve the case, then he throws a surprise and the case is solved. Lucky you to have the complete collection. Visiting from Crime Fiction Alphabet.

TracyK said...

I do want to re-read several Perry Mason mysteries. I have a few I have picked up at various sales. Do you think they are all equally good, or are the earlier ones better?