Thursday, October 13, 2011

Booking Through Sequel

btt button
If you could get a sequel for any book, what would it be?

Not easy to answer. I prefer stand alone books with some exceptions. Come to think of it, I would love to read a sequel of Catch 22 by Joseph Heller.

Addenda: It seems there is a sequel to Catch 22. Closing Time (1994) is a darker, slower-paced, apocalyptic novel which explores the pre- and post-war lives of some of the major characters in Catch-22, with particular emphasis on the relationship between Yossarian and tailgunner Sammy Singer.

Thanks to C B James for mentioning it in the comments about the sequel. I wasn't aware of it. Best part is, I mentioned it to my brother and he owns Closing Time!! I will get around it soon.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to read Catch 22...

Here's my Booking Through Thursday post.

Anonymous said...

I also usually prefer standalone books as well.

Keep up the great work on your blog, I'm subscribed to you in my Google Reader and love it. :)

Vicki said...

I've never read Catch 22.
Here's Mine

anthonynorth said...

I agree with you about stand alones.

Kirsten said...

I prefer standalone books too, and as I write this it suddenly occurs to me: omg I am afraid of commitment.

Reading a book that comes with a sequel is like promising a second date before you've even figured out if you're having fun on the first one .. .

That said, once in awhile I'll finish a book and wish I didn't have to leave the characters behind. Which is really the mark of a great book, isn't it.

Sidne said...

I can take a sequel or not. sometimes you think one is coming and the authors says, 'NO'. lol
http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

Jo-Jo said...

I also prefer stand alone books. If a sequel comes after a book that I absolutely loved I will read it as in the case of Dreams of Joy by Lisa See. I also need to still read Catch 22!

Marce said...

I prefer stand alones also but I am finding it harder to find them.

Amy said...

Great choice! :)

Gigi Ann said...

I think it is difficult to follow a good book with a sequel.

Unknown said...

I think there is a sequel to Catch 22. Have you looked for it?

Anonymous said...

This one I haven't read .

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/booking-through-thursday_13.html

stacybuckeye said...

I read CAtch-22 in college and din't realize it had a sequel! Thanks for the heads up.

bermudaonion said...

I haven't read Catch 22 yet I need to get with it.