Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A-Z Wednesday: numbers go nutty while I watch

all those numbers run around
I catch them
put them in different slots
but they escape again
curious to know each other

I like the picture
logical numbers
going nuts over each other
squares and cubes
climb exponentially

trigonometry breaks
into geometry
they giggle like a kid
and suddenly embrace,
break away guiltily

precalculus is the silent one
it has too much in its pocket
number system spouts euclid's lemma
roots of quadratic are always paired
but you know, it is all statistics

each portion of math says this
If I should die, think only this of me-
how to resurrect those numbers again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sharing a N poem of mine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your poem! I've loved anything to do with numbers since the first grade!!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

fredamans said...

Very cute poem! Very well said.

http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/11/to-z-starts-with-n.html

Bev Hankins said...

Great Numbers poem! Thanks for sharing.

Here's my "N": http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/11/z-wednesday-letter-n.html