Sunday, July 26, 2009

TSS: Completion of Southern Reading Challenge Three!

As most of us are aware, Maggie of Maggie reads is hosting Southern Reading Challenge 3 from May 15th to August 15th. One has to finish three books.

This is one of the two challenges I join and try to complete. This year I finished the challenge much ahead of schedule.


I read the following books. Just click on the title to read my reviews.

1) A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams

2) Mudbound by Hillary Jordan

3) Mirror Blue by Thomma Lyn Grindstaff

4) Angel's Advocate by Mary Stanton

5) The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson

6) The Texicans by Nina Vida


I had started The Known World by Edward P. Jones but just couldn't concentrate on it. Hope to finish it soon though.

5 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

I finished too, but I need to put my reviews up first. I managed 4 books, but you did really well with five. I loved Mudbound and I still have The Girl Who Stopped Swimming to read.

Pam said...

I finished my three (The Girl Who Stopped Swimming, Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen, and South of Broad), this week, as well. I'm about the finish The Help, I have The Fixer Upper in my mailbox and I need to read Mudbound so I may end up doubling the challenge in the end. I don't think anyone has managed to stick to only three!

JoAnn said...

Congratulations on completing the challenge...and early, too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! I really liked The Known World - I hope it gets better for you!

bermudaonion said...

I'm so impressed whenever someone completes a challenge, since I've never managed to. Congratulations!