Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Finds

Fire in the Blood By Irene Némirovsky


In a leisurely narrative, middle-aged narrator Silvio recounts three interlocking stories of love and betrayal over two decades. These secret affairs, he says, can be explained only by fire in the blood, the intense passion that can overtake men and women when they are young, highly sexed and vulnerable. Silvio's laconic descriptions of unappeasable desire are seasoned by bitter assessment of the wisdom earned after things cool. Linked through blood and common local history, the characters in this la ronde of betrayal exist in a seemingly idyllic community that is always alert for deviations from the social code.

9 comments:

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

This looks good! Sounds like a detailed book with lots of twists and turns. One to look out for.

Here are my Friday Finds!

Hope you like!

Sassy
:)

Kristen said...

Sounds like a yummy book! :)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm a fan of this author. So sad she wrote and published so little.

Jo-Jo said...

Oh my goodness...this sounds like it could be quite intense! I haven't read anything by this author yet.

serendipity_viv said...

Great find. I do like the look of this.

avisannschild said...

Hmm, not sure about this one, although I've heard good things about this author.

Darlene said...

Great find. This sounds interesting.

Staci said...

The cover lured me in..sounds interesting!

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Oh, I thought SUITE FRANCAISE was fascinating; I'll have to add this to my wish list. She had published a few other books, too, but I've only read the one.