Sunday, October 16, 2011

Mondays: Mailbox/What Are You Reading?/Musings

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at A Girl and Her BooksSerena of Savvy Verse & Wit is hosting for the month of October. This week too, I did get two books and also downloaded free kindle editions from Amazon. You can check those out for NOOK too. Have fun looking out for interesting titles at Pixel of Ink. (I have subscribed it on my Google Reader). Check those out:

I received the following two books, thanks to the author/publisher(s):

1) Anything by Michael Baron
2) The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks

I also downloaded the following 12 e-books for free:

Jenny Pox (The Paranormals, Book 1) 
Provincetown Follies, Bangkok Blues (Cape Island Mystery)
Until Again: Prequel Novella to BLUE
Lady Deception 
Dark Horse (Jim Knighthorse Series #1)
Wish On The Moon
The Lady and the Locksmith (Victorian Romance)
Just The Way You Are 
Diagnosis Death 
Holding Out For a Hero
Spying in High Heels (High Heels Mysteries)
Thanksgiving Cookbook (Classic Cookbooklets)

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila of Book Journey. I managed to read two e-books via my kindle on Pc on my laptop! I read the following:

Just The Way You are By Barbara Freethy
Lady Deception by Rizzo Rosko

Currently reading: 

Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist

I posted review of: 

Sold To The Highest Bidder by Donna Alward

Do you judge a book by its cover?

Sometimes yes! I have picked books with wonderful covers but nothing much in the way of a story. And some great novels have rotten covers.

24 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I volunteered at a Nicholas Sparks event this week - I have a feeling that book will be a bestseller.

Serena said...

I like Michael Baron. I hope you enjoy your books.

JLS Hall said...

Great list of books! I'm definitely going to check out the Pixel of Ink site. Happy reading this week!

caite said...

I read one of Sparks books..that was enough for me.
As to covers..I love a nice cover and I think that is the whole point of cover art, to attract a certain audience. There are so many books and so little time, you have to get down the choices in any way you can!

Mystica said...

A fat mailbox with nice mixed reading as well. On covers, yes I am a bit cheesy like that. Like nice covers.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Sounds like a good week of reading. I need to use my NOOK more and get in more e books.

dollycas aka Lori said...

I am so glad things are getting better!! Thanks for stopping by my new blog.

Dollycas

Anonymous said...

I really like it that you are reading a book called Anything, because I'm reading one called Nothing. :-)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

What a treasure trove of books! Hope you enjoy them all.

I think I'd like the Nicholas Sparks book...it's on my list.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and have a great week!

Harvee said...

Isn't it great to get good eBooks! Looking forwatd to your thoughts on the new Nicholas Sparks book

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Lucky you to get the new Nicholas Sparks! I know many readers don't care for him but I love his books! You scored many great free e-books! I hope you enjoy them all!

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of reading to enjoy.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/mailbox-monday_17.html

Nise' said...

I hope you enjoy Maid to Match. I love Deanne's books. I've got the Sparks book coming too.

Elysium said...

I hope you enjoy all your new books!

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Oh I am definitely guilty as charged when it comes to judging a book by its cover!

Vicki said...

I definitely need to get a Kindle!!

Donna said...

That's a lot of ebooks to read! You must be a fast reader. I hope you enjoy all your books!

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

Kindle has great free ebooks. Great mailbox!

Yvonne said...

I downloaded some of those books for my Nook. I love freebies!

Teddy Rose said...

I hope you enjoy all of your books.

Bryan R. Terry said...

My Musing is HERE

Jenny Q said...

Great mailbox! I've yet to read Sparks. Hope you're enjoying those new books!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Enjoy all the freebies! Hope you love the review books too.

Martha Eskuchen said...

I don't know when I will get time to read all the free Kindle downloads.
I trust you'll enjoy the Nicholas Sparks book! Hope your week is going well.