Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Top Ten Books I Had VERY Strong Emotions About

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.  Each week, we get a theme to list our top tens. 

Top Ten Books I Had VERY Strong Emotions About

Here I go, in no particular order:

1) East of Eden by John Steinbeck
2) Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
3) Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
4) The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
5) Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
6) Twins by Katherine Stone
7) I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb
8) The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha
9) Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith 
10)  The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson 

9 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

What? No commentary. Did you love them, hate them, want to feed them to the goats?


Anne
My Head is Full of Books

Anonymous said...

Tess of the d'Urbervilles definitely caused a huge reaction with me too!

bermudaonion said...

I've only read Child 44 and I Know This Much is True and they were both great!

Donna said...

From your list I've read I Know This Much and Crow Lake. I wasn't crazy about either book but even so I can see why they would have an effect.

Anna said...

I've only read The Handmaid's Tale and that book certainly stirs up strong emotions!

Alyce said...

I've read The Handmaid's Tale and Uncle Tom's Cabin, and a bit of East of Eden. The Handmaid's Tale had the most impact on me out of the three.

Lady In Read said...

Uncle Tom's Cabin made my list too.. Tess would have been there too but somehow the Mayor of Casterbridge had a bigger impact on me than Tess.. I have to read The Handmaid's Tale (has been on my TBR for a long time now)

Bybee said...

I had strong feelings about numbers 1 and 2 on your list. I wanted to kick the crap out of Angel Clare.

Anonymous said...

I've only read Tess. Uncle Tom's Cabin is one I'll get to someday.