Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors One Would Die To Meet


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.  Each week, we get a theme to list our top tens. 

This week's Top Ten is: 
Top Ten Authors (Alive or Dead) One Would Die to Meet.

Well, I am not going to die to meet any author. Yet I will list here those I would love to meet, in no particular order:

1) Chaucer
2) Charlotte Bronte
3) Robert Burns
4) Robert Browning
5) William Shakespeare
6) Lewis Carroll
7) Erly Stanley Gardner
8) John Steinbeck
9) Ravindranath Tagore
AND
10) J K Rowling

1 to 9 are all dead!!!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

So you will have to met them in the next life, then. ;-) I have had the chance in interview many authors for my book blog. I've enjoyed the experience almost every time. I've also met many authors in person over the years. But I still have a certain dread of meeting my favorites, because of the possibility they won't live up to my image of them.

Veens said...

JK Rowling is there in everyone's list!

bermudaonion said...

Yeah, if you died, you'd only get to meet the dead ones, assuming they're in the same afterlife you are. Great list!

Unknown said...

I wouldn't have even thought about Shakespeare! What a great pick!!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

The most interesting ones are dead, I think!

Nice list. I'm happy you've listed so many poets.

LBC said...

I think if you have a fantasy list, they have to be dead or kind of inaccessible. There are lots of awesome live writers that it would be totally possible to meet.

I went to the John Steinbeck museum and learned tons about his life. He would be fun to meet.

Come visit me at The Scarlet Letter.

Bev Hankins said...

With you on 2, 4 & 6!

Thanks for stopping by mine!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I had mostly dead authors too. I guess we should call out lists Fantasy Lists. I had JK Rowling on mine, too. Guess we'd better work pretty hard to meet her some day!

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

I also prefer the dead authors... I would love to have a conversation with Charlotte Bronte and John Steinbeck!

Kailana said...

Great list! I have enjoyed reading these posts. :)